We purchased the living social deal and had a lovely time. This remote island is a paradise and is very well staffed.
Getting to the island was a but of a headache- we had to wait 6 hours (no Pre notification) for our boat as there was a wedding out there as well as other guests arriving in placencia later than us. It was quite frustrating after a long 24 hours of travelling. This was better though once we finally got there and started to relax.
- stunning snorkeling off the dock
- the snorkeling trip
- fried jacks and jam in the morning
- the fish on the menu
- cleanliness of resort
- flexibility of Dasha when we were leaving to make up for arrival!!!
- sunsets and sunrises
- menu if you don't eat fish. Not really much veggies- too much fried food
- cabanas are not individual- they are attached to another and you can hear through the walls
- only water & coffee are included- no beverages like juice/soda/etc. bring your own with if ever
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia