“Freindly Place with Great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Purple Space Monkey Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Purple Space Monkey Bar & Grill
Placencia Village, Placencia R0C 3A0, Belize (Formerly Jake's Purple Space Monkey)
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Fun and funky in the daytime, with fresh, light lunch options and a family vibe, in the evening gourmets can indulge their individual tastes with Executive Chef Rick Labonte's World menu based on local and organic ingredients and savours, often with a trademark twist. Our attentive staff will make your romantic, celebration or large group dining pleasure their priority, from presentation through to great service. Right in the centre of downtown Placencia, over from the ball-field, our airy and open-plan dining room and smaller terraces are perfect for people-watching or that intimate dinner-for-two...while the superbly-stocked bar will fix everything from beers through fine wines to exotic or Caribbean cocktails...
Yorkville, Illinois
“Freindly Place with Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband & 2 older boys and I were in Placencia for 4 days over Easter to scuba dive, we drank at the bar here several nights,but we didn't have dinner there until the last night. What a shame as they had great food. I had shrimp alfredo and my husband had the fish special of the day. Both were great, although my husband fish was such a thick piece that there was a small section of it that was not fully cooked. didn't matter as we had eaten plenty already anyway. Owner was really nice and was there to seat you and talk with all the customers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kimberley, Canada
“A kiss on the hand....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Thanks to Nick and his staff my friend Carol and I had a memorable experience eating at the PSM. My eating preferences are a little picky because of a sensitive gut. I have to say that there were enough options here for a great meal. The bright and colorful ambiance including Bob Marley's painting made this an enjoyable place to socialize as well. We met quite a few people here from all over Canada and a few from the Pacific North West. It was great to share a meal and chat with Nick. He brings a warm and friendly face to the place. Sadly I forget the Manager's name and the Chef. Despite that... I have to say they were friendly too and chatted with us each time we stepped in. I did suggest that they consider a few more vegetarian items on the menu. Their hummus was awesome.... then they took it off the menu. So, it may be back on the menu now. When we left our first visit there, Nick gave us both a peck on the hand. Both of us remembered that. Thanks for a lovely time! We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice for a sandwich...limited menu.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch. The menuis limited choices, but the food was fine. Nothing special. We had the barbecue pork,Cuban sandwich, and hamburgers with fries. All were fine,and the pork was extremely hot in temperature coming right out of the kitchen.

It is a nice option for lunch or dinner if you are looking for some basic options and decent food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sitka, Alaska
“Quick Service, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We walked in and wanted a simple dinner. We were seated quickly by the owner, a very nice man, and made our selection. It came out quickly, but I would say it was average at best. I had the cuban sandwich which was a bit dry and cooked too much, and my husband had a chicken dish that was overcooked and dry. It was Thai style with soy and ginger..cannot remember what they called it. The conch fritters were good. Wine was good. Price was good. But it was late in the evening so maybe that's why our food was not the best. Could have been that they heated it through because they were closing.

Visited March 2013
Warren, Michigan
“A nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband, son, girlfriend and I were in Placencia recently and we ate at the Purple Space Monkey. The restaurant is lovely, very open and it has a very nice garden. The food was very good. We had fries that are made from fresh potatoes, not frozen. I had a Curry Chicken wrap and it was yummy. The service is very good and everyone is very friendly. Our water glasses were never empty!! Overall it was a very nice experience, we ate there more that once because of that. We will certainly will eat there again when we next visit Placencia.

• Visited February 2013