“I ate GIBNUT!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“I ate GIBNUT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was told by the locals that I should try gibnut, sort of a Jungle rabbit indigenous to Belize. I heard Miss Dawn had it sometimes so I popped by and asked her, and she was unsure as "she never knows when the hunter is going to come by with some". Awesome. Anyways sure enough I checked in two days later and not only was she serving it, but she saved some for me so I didn't miss out!! I had the last plate of gibnut and it was amazing. I ate two meals at Dawns and I think its a must. Highlights: BBQ saturdays. Its as simple and delicious as it sounds.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Oxtail are succulent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I love food! I am a foodie and can tell you that this place has great meals. If available try the oxtails or beef stew ( not the same as stew beef) it is sooooo good. The owner is friendly and knowledgable about local cuisine. She also has dessert!

Visited October 2012
Delta Junction, AK
“local flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great food! Wonderful local flavors, delicious sauce she makes herself. Very friendly staff and amazing memory for customers. Location very central and sign out front for specials

Visited January 2012
DAWNP44, Owner at Dawn's Grill N Go, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks for enjoying all we offer at the Grill. Will have some new sauces for you next trip.
Elk City, Oklahoma
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I ALWAYS order the burrito on a menu. It's the perfect food. The breakfast burrito at Dawn's made me question what I have been eating all these years. Yes, it's that great. Dawn has a great personality and is fun to visit. I also tried her smoked chicken and it was great.

Visited October 2012
DAWNP44, Owner at Dawn's Grill N Go, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Nice to have our customers enjoy their meal at Dawn's. We will continue to provide great breakfast burrritos and hope to share them with more people like you. Thanks again.
The Dalles, Oregon
“Great food and company - recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The cajun fish and garlic shrimp dinners were wonderful and we loved meeting Dawn and her daughter, who we'd spoken with earlier in the day at the tourism office. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2012
DAWNP44, Owner at Dawn's Grill N Go, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks for choosing our Grill and enjoying our hospitality and food.
Hope to see you in Placencia some day soon.

Dawn and the girls.