“Lunch on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Saint-Raphaël, Quebec, Canada
“Lunch on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place is on the beach, while you eat you can watch the waves and feel the breeze from the ocean. The food is excellent and price reasonable.

Visited May 2014

Tempe, Arizona
“Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was the best place I went for breakfast while in Placencia. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros and iced coffee - the coffee was fantastic (which was a little surprising considering how hit or miss coffee is in Belize) and the food filled me up and I would recommend it in a heart beat! The people sitting next to me ordered the stuffed fried jacks which looked great too

Phoenix, Arizona
“Fresh Fruit Smoothies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Placencia, Belize. Our mornings consisted of a walk on the beach and a fresh fruit smoothie from The Shak. The smoothies are made from fresh fruit delivered daily. My favorite was the Coco Colada, made with the best tasting pineapple and coconut. Another favorite was one made made with watermelon, pineapple, coconut milk and bananas. I enjoyed everyday with their amazing smoothies. My husband had to indulge with their jacks as well. Now that we are back home, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. His response, "A Jack."

This is a great place with friendly quick service, with a view to die for. The prices are very affordable as well. Visit "The Shak" when you visit Placenicia and you will be happy you did.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Punta Placencia, Stann Creek, Belize
“Great wraps, amazing view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've always liked the Shak and am never disappointed but a couple of Saturdays ago on a hot afternoon I went with a friend and varied from my usual and was of course pleased with my choice. Now of course I can't remember the name of the smoothie but it had pear in it and was delicious and so was the Chicken Ceasar wrap. I will say unless you have a huge appetite prepare to share the wrap, there's more than enough and you still get full!
Thanks again Magda, you never disappoint!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Amazing smoothies, open early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

When you wake up your first morning in Placencia, do yourself a favor and walk down to the end of the main sidewalk to the Shak. Order yourself a smoothie to go, and drink it while walking around on the beach. Repeat the next day. We went to the Shak 3 different times out of the 4 days we were in Placencia and every time the smoothies blew us away with their freshness and refreshingness (that's not a word, but go with it).
The Shak opens at 7am, so even if you are still on US east coast time like I was, you can get something to eat. The omelet I ate was flavorful and the food my travel companions enjoyed (conch fritters and Jerk nachos) was also delicious. They do not take credit cards which was a bit inconvenient especially towards the end of the trip when we were cash-depleted.

• Visited May 2014