“The best dive operation we've EVER experienced.” 5 of 5 stars

Placencia Village, Stann Creek District, Placencia, Belize
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash teaches scuba diving from beginner to professional and many great specialities like nitrox, underwater photography, deep, underwater navigation, underwater naturalist, fish ID and more. With five dive boats you chose from multiple dive and snorkel destinations from marine reserves on the barrier reef, the Blue Hole, the atolls, whale sharks (in season) and Laughing Bird National Park and World Heritage Site. Our scuba retail store is well stocked with scuba and snorkel gear and we have lots of new and well maintained rental equipment. The Belize Tourism Board selected Splash as Tour Operator Of The Year in May 2013 saying Splash “excels I customer service, creativity and personalisation, while offering a variety of tours. This tour operator sets the bar for marketing initiatives, meeting the standards of safety and security, equipment quality, cleanliness and reliability. This awardee ensures that visitors have a memorable and lasting impression of Belize”.Splash has done over 150 certifications for kids through its Splash Junior Club (local kids get free scuba lessons) and was recently awarded a certificate of Excellence by PADI for exceeding goals for entry level water, continuing education and professional level certification goals. Our sister company, Quest, specializes in inland adventure tours such as Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary, Maya ruins, Mayan culture and homestays, zip lining and river tubing, horseback riding, Monkey River, fly fishing, deep sea fishing, and more... Splash partners with a hotels, resorts and tour operators all over Belize so can so can arrange the vacation of your dreams.
Homestead, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The best dive operation we've EVER experienced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

From the Spacious, well appointed dive boat, ably captained by Malcolm, to the above and beyond attitude of the divemasters (3 of them, for 10-12 divers), the two days of diving with these guys was nothing short of excellent! Moses, Marco, and "Big" Norm knew their stuff - We dove a 3-dive trip at Glover's Reef, and a two-dive/+snorkel trip to Silk Caye (on Christmas Day). On the first day, my wife's computer battery went dead, and Moses changed it out on the boat. Mine quit, for the same reason on the second day, and they had me covered as well. They changed over out tanks, provided refreshments and DRY TOWELS. and cleaned our gear when we returned to the dock. Moses knew all the cool stuff at both locations, and we saw a lot of sea life on every dive. One of our girls has trouble clearing her ears, and Norm stayed with her and made her trip an enjoyable one. One of our group had never dived, so Marco gave him his "resort" certification, and he enjoyed all of our dives with us.

Possibly the best part of our experience had nothing to do with diving... our Christmas dinner (lunch) was spent on a tiny island off of Silk Cay -BBQ chicken, Potatoes Au-Gratin, and slaw... then we walked around the island's beach... all the way around; it took less than three minutes! Talk about a desert-island fantasy! After spending an hour or two there, we headed back to Placencia. Two of the best days of diving I've experienced since I first started diving, back in 1973.

Thanks Spash team!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Dive Shop in Placencia!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I hadn't been diving in over 10 years and I must say I was a bit nervous and apprehensive. I was also scared because the last time I went diving, I had a hard time equalizing my ears. I told the staff at Splash my reservations and not only did they calm me down, but were also very patient with me once in the water and helped me overcome my fear and anxiety. After that I had so much fun and went diving another 2 times with Splash. State of the art facility and boats and super professional and customer service focused would be the words I would use to describe Splash. Not to mention the staff who I miss, Nedia, Moses, Max, Andria, Marco, Richard to name a few. Patty & Ralph are such awesome and kind people which adds to the great overall experience. The lunches they served were also incredible, I highly recommend Splash and wouldn't dive with anyone else when in Placencia!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Best ... the truly best ... dive organization we've ever found.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Couldn't wait to get on here and rave about this dive shop. I guess it figures that there are already so many superlative reviews just from the same period of time when we were there! But I will add my nickel to the pile and tell you that I've had the joy of diving in a lot of places with a lot of dive shops and I have never felt as comfortable and well cared for as I did with Splash Dive in Placencia. Patricia was great while I was working out the details in email. We had a small hiccup with our reservation but she more than straightened it out. We had novice and experienced divers in our group and we were all treated like old friends while at the same time I felt their careful guardianship for our safety and comfort. I cannot rate these folks highly enough. The boat is big and stable and was skillfully captained - this matters alot for those, like me, who must rely on Dramamine and good will to get out on the water. One of our dive days was to the Silk Cayes - the little tiny island where we had our barbecue lunch is a memory that will be with us for the rest of our days.

Falls Church, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We used Splash Dive Center Belize for all our dives which took us to Silk Caye, South Water Caye, and Glovers Reef Atoll.

All were outstanding! Moses and Max were the best Dive Masters and get to know the owner Patricia Ramirez. The boat captain was outstanding as well. What I liked about Max was that he really took the time to analyze the reef with you as you dove and found the unexpected small creatures that made the dive extra special...hard to do when we had already seen turtles, bottle nose dolphin, reef sharks, rays, grouper and so much more.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Day of snorkelling / massage therapy / Eateries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Visiting in Placencia Belize and stopped by the splash dive centre where we were greeted with professionalism and a friendly representative. We booked a snorkel trip to the silk cayes and had a fabulous day. All staff were knowledgeable and extremely friendly. We saw stingrays, sharks and big big turtles. It was a great ride.

The week before, I stopped by the Secret Garden Massage and Spa and booked an hour. I met Lee and she was amazing. I had this kink in my neck and back and although I had to grit my teeth at one point, I have never felt better. She did an awesome job. Lee, I want you to know I shared my experience with you to a number of people on the snorkelling trip and told them they should book with you if they get the opportunity.

Some of the best eateries in the village are Wendy's Restaurant, PurpleSpace Monkey and the Barefoot Bar, I really think you can't go wrong no matter where you end up. The people are friendly and there is no fear of crime or violence.