“Great location in Placencia” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mirasol Beach Apartment

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Mirasol Beach Apartment
You added Mirasol Beach Apartment to your Saves list
Placencia Sidewalk, Placencia, Belize   |
Portland, Oregon
“Great location in Placencia”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A group that I was traveling with stayed at the Mirasol Beach Apartment in February of 2013. We had the entire upstairs, with three bedrooms. The lodgings were clean and attractive. The Master Suite was very nice with it's own bathroom. The other two bedrooms shared a very small bathroom.
We did have to work with the manager to get clean sheets on the beds, the air conditioner to work, but once they were notified they fixed things immediately.

The apartment is right off the sidewalk and does have a beach front view. Construction is happening just to the left of the building and impedes the view a bit and the noise starts pretty early.

The master bed was VERY hard and I was pretty happy to finally be sleeping in my own bed afterwards.

I would stay there again, but would check to see if they have a better mattress now!

Room Tip: Be sure and reserve the top floor for a great view of the Caribbean ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for a few days in the winter 2012. The place was clean, modern, and in a great location. We were in the three bedroom and I really liked the porch with a grill. It overlooks the ocean and is huge.

Also, I was able to catch a game while I was grilling because there is satellite TV with all the regular USA channels. Not that you want to spend much time watching tv with all there is to do within a 5 minute walk, but it was nice while I grilled out.

Great location as well, with restaurants, bars, and shops all nearby.

Amazing place, good price, and great location. I recommend!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CTBelize, General Manager at Mirasol Beach Apartment, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback after your stay at Mirasol Beach Villa. We are delighted to hear that we could exceed your expectations. Looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Please recommend us also to your friends and family. Best regards, Veronique McKenzie
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at Mirasol over Thanksgiving and stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment. The apartment was very nicely decorated and clean. It overlooks the beach and the ocean and has a nice deck with a grill. The best part about the place is its location right inside the town and was seconds away from all of the best restaurants and bars in Placencia. I have already booked another trip to stay at Mirasol as we have enjoyed our first vacation so much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have spent two weeks in Mirasol, We have three days left. The apt is a nice place to stay. It did take me a few days to feel settled but It was clean and well stocked in towels, bedding, toilet paper and other items you would need.
The air conditioning was a God send and we had plenty of utensils and kitchen items. We really had no issue with that at all. The refridgerator was new and made ice everyday all day long. I would agree that it would be nice to have one more comfortable chair fo the living room.
Everything worked fine and as far as I am concerned if the battery dies in the remote just go buy one! Too easy.
We had torrencial down pours the first three days of being here. We had no water come in at all. The power went out one night so it might be a plan to keep a candle handy just in case.
As far as the staff here we have found them so very pleasant. The only thing we we unsure of is when we got here we were supposed to have someone pick us up and we waited quite awhile. The airport people called and they just told us to grab a taxi. We did that and they paid for it. All was good.
There is a bit of an issue with little ants getting in around the taps or window of the kitchen.We just srayed some bug spray which helped a lot. Any small issues we had we were able to take care of ourselves. When we needed light bulbs for the bathroom they were on it right away. There was absolutly no problems regarding them helping us when we needed it.
This is a 3rd world country and to be able to be comfotable, close to everything, plus have airconditioning is quite incredible.
I am sure there are things that people would say need to be changed but all in all our stay has been pretty great. : )

Room Tip: Th upper apt has a great view and we would pick that next time. It is quite roomy for a larger famil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

First the good –
The unit was clean, nice size and did not have one single bug in it! The location is fantastic and the pool is nice. There are plenty of places to put clothes on shelves and in a closet with hangers. Bed is comfortable, plenty of hot water. Washer and dryer in unit.
Then the not so good –
Not one single clock in the entire unit.
One whole ceiling light unit doesn’t work so the living room is too dark to read in.
They could use another chair in the living room. The only piece of furniture is one futon.
Kitchen has limited utensils and the knives are covered with rust.
Two deck loungers were broken. The loungers also need pads on them; they were not comfortable to sit in for very long.
Our sheets were changed after one week and the most awful sheets were put on to the bed. Luckily we only had two nights left. I would have called and asked for the sheets to be changed back. They new ones had a pattern on them and the pattern was actually raised and was VERY scratchy. I have never seen sheets like that ever!
When it rains the rug in the laundry room becomes drenched because the rain seeps under the door. We had to hang the rug out to dry 3 times.
The slip of paper in the unit with the internet password and Veronique’s cell number were not correct. When we walked to the CTT office to inquire about the password and cell number we had been given an outdated paper. One would think they could give the correct information when checking in.
The refrigerator did not make ice which was a necessity during the hot weather. We called CTT and were told by the person who answered that the repair man could not come and we would have to move units. We would have to pack up and then wait until the unit next to us was cleaned. She never even considered asking the repair man to fit us into his schedule. We know this because the repair man was in her office and overheard the conversation. He felt it was unacceptable to make us move and went ahead on his own and fit us into his schedule. CTT never made any efforts to have it fixed. We were very fortunate for the repair man having sympathy for us and realizing that it was a lot of effort to move. The freezer needed freon. After it was repaired it then leaked water. (I hope it was water and not freon.)
The air conditioner in the kitchen leaked – a lot. We had two bowls on the counter and towels on the counter, floor and on top of the cupboard under the air conditioner. The water dripped down the cupboards directly onto the stove (dangerous) and the counters. There was a large mysterious pool of water always on the floor between the kitchen and the bedroom, which was VERY dangerous. It was leaking out the bottom of the lower kitchen cupboard under the air conditioner– so the leak must be going actually through the wall, behind the cupboards then out onto the floor. We used up every extra bath and beach towel sopping up the water. We reported the problem the second day and on day 4 we stopped in to the CTT office on our way home from an excursion to inquire if it had been fixed. The girl shrugged her shoulders and said, “I assume so.” Well it was never fixed. We placed a bath towel on top of the cupboard to soak up the water. When we left it was still there – it will be interesting to see how long that wet musty, moldy towel stays up there. We told the story to one of our tour guides and he said that everyone in that unit complains about the air conditioner. If I was the owner of the unit I would not be happy.
There were only 2 rolls of toilet paper for 2 people for 10 days. When we asked for more they had to go to the store and buy some. There were no wash cloths. When we asked the same person at the CTT desk she shrugged her shoulders and said they didn’t have any. Really? We had to use kitchen towels for wash cloths.
We sent an e-mail to Veronique and told her that we had no towels left because of the air conditioner. We had fresh bath towels, beach towels, bar soap and –WASH CLOTHS - delivered ON DAY 8!
The remote control stopped working so we asked for new batteries and were told that they had to go to the store and buy them. The air conditioner remotes also work on batteries and I was wondering what would have happened if those stopped working and a person wasn’t able to turn on the air conditioner. It would be nice to have extra batteries in the unit. I don’t think anyone is going to steal batteries!
I would recommend staying at Mirasol, just be aware that you need to be VERY proactive to advocate for yourself and your needs! No one is going to bend over backwards and assist you or offer you good customer service. The girl at the front desk needs MUCH MORE customer service training. She had a non caring attitude and seemed bothered and interrupted each time we asked for something.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here to attend a wedding because we could not afford the $250 hotel where family was staying. Turned out to have been a blessing. It's beautiful, has a nice pool and right there on the beach. We had privacy and cheap accommodations for the six of us. It's in a great location as far as restaurants, tour guides, stores, etc.

Room Tip: Maid service was extra, so we declined. But the place has a washer and dryer, so that was very conve...
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My two buddies and I went to Placencia to see the whale sharks over a long weekend. I feel we were lucky to get the top floor apartment at Mirasol during our stay. The place is mostly as everyone describes in previous reviews. It is a three bedroom, two bath, top floor apartment. The apartment is very clean. To say it is “run down” is an huge exaggeration. It’s not perfect, but it’s not in any sort of state of decline, either. There is a master bedroom with a master bath, a second bedroom with a queen bed, and a third bedroom with two twin beds. Unfortunately, the queen bedroom’s A/C was on the fritz. I had taken the master, so my two buddies had to share the twin beds. (more about this later).

The rest of the apartment was in working order. For anyone wanting a hot shower, turn it on full hot and wait (and wait). I didn’t realize this until the third day, so I took a few cold showers. This isn’t so bad in 95 degree weather. The real plus of the apartment is the huge deck on the second floor looking out onto the beach and ocean, and the pleasant pool and deck on the first floor. Please note: This is a salt water pool – rinse off when done or suffer the consequences. The beach is right in front of the apartment, just like the reviews say. I didn’t visit the water (four days of scuba was enough). My buddy went down there and said the water had trash in it. It’s a shame, but the beaches aren’t why we visited Placencia. Another small complaint was ants around the sink, but it’s too small to worry about.

Here’s where things get a little odd with the review. One of my buddies and I each sent a request for information via VRBO (for the same dates). The amount quoted to my friend was 75% of what I was quoted (within the same time frame). This was more than two months before our visit, so I can’t think that the A/C was out at that point. The A/C in the second bedroom was not repaired until the day before we were to depart. That meant that one of the three bedrooms couldn’t be used during four out of five nights of our stay. The owner has offered $100 as compensation for this problem. Alone, this is pretty crappy, but we also only paid 75% of what I was quoted in the first place. Obviously, they didn’t know it would be broken during our stay, but the additional $100 seems pretty paltry for the inconvenience. All combined it’s $600 off of what I was quoted. I think a little more is due to my friends (I am not sharing in the reimbursement for the problem, as I had a bedroom to myself). Maybe they should have offered one of the downstairs units, as both appeared to be empty during our stay.

For me, it was a good place to stay. My two friends are a little less impressed, but only because of the compensation for their inconvenience. I don’t like having to pay 50% of the bill at reservation and the other 50% 30 days before arriving. This seems to be the norm, however, and I can now understand given the wild west nature of the area. Overall, I recommend Marisol for its cleanliness, amenities, and location. I just wish they had offered a little better compensation to my friends. One last thing to the managers: Please fix the top bolt to the deck door. The wood on the lintel is worn through, and the bolt is useless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends