“A whale (shark) of a time” 5 of 5 stars

011 (501) 503-3377
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving, dive training, snorkeling, Mayan ruins and rainforest adventure tours. Dive training for kids age 8 and older. Snorkeling for younger children.
London
3 attraction reviews
“A whale (shark) of a time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Avadon is one of the most professional, well-run and, above all, enjoyable dive centres that we've experienced in 15 years of diving. Anne Marie runs the place like clockwork, despite the large number of divers and snorkellers they cater to, while the guides know the sites well, point out amazing things (from manta rays to tiny spiders) and are huge fun to dive with. They also manage to combine this with a strong focus on safe diving.

We went down for whale shark diving and experienced the astonishing site of vast shoals of snapper, with sharks and dolphins snapping their way through the other fish, and yes, a whale shark gliding by. The great thing about diving with Avadon, though, was that they care about the preservation of the marine reserve, the whale sharks and the snapper breeding grounds and treat it responsibly and with respect (not just as a thrill). This makes all the difference between good diving and great diving.

Can't wait to go diving with them again.

Austin, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“great crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were on a family vacation, my husband and father in law wanted to go diving, I had done the first half of my certification back home and needed to get my open water completed. Aaron who over saw the house we were staying in recommended Avadon to us. Our first trip was to Glover's. My guide to help with my certification was Arthur, he was really experienced and pointed out all kinds of things to me while under the water. We saw turtles, lion fish, lobsters, and even a black tip shark. Phillip was the captain and he was very friendly, and he would look out for things on the surface, even found us some dolphins on both days. At lunch stops we would often see a lot of exciting things so everyone would want to snorkel to see nurse sharks, turtles, and rays. Ann Marie is one of the owners and she helped me complete everything I needed for my certification back on land. They are very professional and on top of their stuff.

Indiana
“Top notch first class operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend. Best overall dive experience in 15 years of diving. All staff was friendly and helpful. They worked us in graciously at very last minute. We were taken care of with everything! They are all very knowledgable and hospitable! The food was great too...fruit after first dive, amazing lunch of chicken, beans, and pasta salad after second dive, and more fruit after third dive. Highly recommend and can't wait to come back!!!

Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Great diving!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I returned to Placencia for a second dive trip there and knew exactly who I trusted for diving.
The boat is top notch, the crew is even better, the food is great, and Anne-Marie is a class act. Thank you once again Avadon Divers for a wonderful, safe experience!1

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“First class all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Everything about this operation was top notch. They sent a driver to pick us up. Ann Marie got us fitted into our equipment, which was all nearly new. We just happened to have met our dive master Arthur while we were out around town the night before (who was also the former director of some state body responsible for protecting the reef waters) and he was super knowledgeable and a very cool guy. The boat was a perfect dive boat and was well maintained or nearly new. The boat captain Phillip (I think) was excellent and also super knowledgeable. The crew served lunch during our surface interval where we had anchored over loggerhead turtles and nurse sharks swimming around. Oh, and did I mention the diving was absolutely epic?! We went to the north Wall and some Canyons and saw green moray eels, lion fish, stone crab, spiny lobster, trigger fish, sponge, tube and brain coral, you name it! I only wish we had been in town long enough to go out with this operation more than once.

Visited April 2013