“great crew” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 37 Activities in Placencia
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving, dive training, snorkeling, Mayan ruins and rainforest adventure tours. Dive training for kids age 8 and older. Snorkeling for younger children.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“great crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were on a family vacation, my husband and father in law wanted to go diving, I had done the first half of my certification back home and needed to get my open water completed. Aaron who over saw the house we were staying in recommended Avadon to us. Our first trip was to Glover's. My guide to help with my certification was Arthur, he was really experienced and pointed out all kinds of things to me while under the water. We saw turtles, lion fish, lobsters, and even a black tip shark. Phillip was the captain and he was very friendly, and he would look out for things on the surface, even found us some dolphins on both days. At lunch stops we would often see a lot of exciting things so everyone would want to snorkel to see nurse sharks, turtles, and rays. Ann Marie is one of the owners and she helped me complete everything I needed for my certification back on land. They are very professional and on top of their stuff.

Visited May 2013

Indiana
“Top notch first class operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend. Best overall dive experience in 15 years of diving. All staff was friendly and helpful. They worked us in graciously at very last minute. We were taken care of with everything! They are all very knowledgable and hospitable! The food was great too...fruit after first dive, amazing lunch of chicken, beans, and pasta salad after second dive, and more fruit after third dive. Highly recommend and can't wait to come back!!!

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Great diving!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I returned to Placencia for a second dive trip there and knew exactly who I trusted for diving.
The boat is top notch, the crew is even better, the food is great, and Anne-Marie is a class act. Thank you once again Avadon Divers for a wonderful, safe experience!1

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“First class all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Everything about this operation was top notch. They sent a driver to pick us up. Ann Marie got us fitted into our equipment, which was all nearly new. We just happened to have met our dive master Arthur while we were out around town the night before (who was also the former director of some state body responsible for protecting the reef waters) and he was super knowledgeable and a very cool guy. The boat was a perfect dive boat and was well maintained or nearly new. The boat captain Phillip (I think) was excellent and also super knowledgeable. The crew served lunch during our surface interval where we had anchored over loggerhead turtles and nurse sharks swimming around. Oh, and did I mention the diving was absolutely epic?! We went to the north Wall and some Canyons and saw green moray eels, lion fish, stone crab, spiny lobster, trigger fish, sponge, tube and brain coral, you name it! I only wish we had been in town long enough to go out with this operation more than once.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
“Fantastic diving operation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Anne-Marie and her entire staff were so friendly, helpful, truly professional, and took excellent care of us. I felt completely safe with her team the entire time. We were fed fresh fruit constantly, all of our gear was taken care of, the dive sites were all outstanding. We especially enjoyed the two nights on Long Caye, and the diving the Blue Hole was truly an adventure. My fiance and I are very grateful and provide the highest recommendation possible to Avadon Divers.

Visited February 2013