“Could not have found a better place!” 5 of 5 stars

011 (501) 503-3377
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving, dive training, snorkeling, Mayan ruins and rainforest adventure tours. Dive training for kids age 8 and older. Snorkeling for younger children.
Golden, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Could not have found a better place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We came to this place to go scuba diving while on our honeymoon. We went there because it was the first place that we came across and it was incredibly fortunate. I had never been diving before and my husband has been several times though isn't certified. First, Anne Marie (owner) is extremely professional and extremely warm and friendly. The guides and instructors are amazing! I started freaking out to myself before we got near the dive site. They handled me so well, calmed me down almost instantly and taught me basic skills. Before I knew it, I was scuba diving! They were very competent and I felt safe and taken care of. I was able to relax and really enjoy myself because they were so good! Now we are going to get certified because that scuba diving experience was so good.

Visited October 2012

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Big boat, full”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went on two three-tank dives with Avadon in December and loved most every minute.
The office is very professional and friendly. I went down the day before and filled out the paperwork, showed my c card and was fitted for rental gear.
On dive day, a lot of divers showed up from their resorts. It was almost overwhelming--for me. The Avadon staff was prepared and took it in stride as if they had everything sorted out, because they did.
Breakfast was provided and it was tasty.
Their boat is very nice, a Newton 46' dive special. Very stable. When we crossed the barrier reef into the open Caribbean, the result was--fine. This boat handle the swells as ably as the crew handles the large group of divers.
The rental gear was better than my own so I was glad I had not bothered to haul my own stuff.
The divemasters were attentive and checked in frequently, on the boat and under the water.
The food was delicious and abundant. No one will be hungry or thirsty on an Avadon dive.
Why "only" four stars? Well, I'm a teacher and assert that a "B" is a very good grade. :-)
I guess I've been spoiled by "boutique" dive services in which I am the only diver on a small boat: a boat captain, the divemaster, and me. Just me. Invariably, the boat is tiny and bounces on the smallest waves. The food is, well, basic fruit slices. The marine head is the side of the boat. But I like that personal attention, where you tell the divemaster what you want to see, the boat goes there, and the divemaster takes you to see that. Avadon offers a different experience. I always felt safe and comfortable with Avadon, and yes, I'll dive with them again.

Visited December 2012
Anne-Marie M, Owner at Avadon Divers, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hi Erik - Thank you for your detailed, thorough, and fair remarks. As a Dive Instructor - teacher :) - I do understand and appreciate your "B". During the holiday periods and the end of the year, we tend to get quite busy as an awful lot of people come to Placencia for diving and snorkeling. The crew and ourselves do try very hard to make sure we take care of everyone on board and pay attention to the details all the time. We're so very glad you had a good time with us. We do appreciate your love for boutique diving as that feel is indeed a good experience. Most of the time, we are able to offer our divers and snorkelers this experience, as we are not as crowded as we are during the holidays. Do stay in touch and let us know when you plan to return to Placencia, Belize: anne-marie@avadondiversbelize.com
Ames, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dive Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We picked Avadon for the 100 foot walk from the resort and the recomendations from the resort. I am extreamly satisfied with this dive group! I loved my first three dives so much that I decided to get my advanced with them. I did a total of 8 dives with them and had a blast each time. I plan on comming back to do some other dives including the whale shark! While I was diving my family was snorkling and they have tons of great pictures and the dive masters leading the snorkle group was always pointing out fish. If your going to go diving in Placencia or even Belize Avadon is a must!

-Evan

Visited January 2013
Parker, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

From before we ever arrived, Anne-Marie was as attentive and helpful as I could ask. Once we arrived, she was so great about insuring we were all set for the open water referrals the other members of my family needed. Once on board, it got even better! Arthur was incredible to all of them in finishing up their training and the rest of the crew (Patrick, Moses, Elvis, Warren, etc) bent over backwards to insure everyone was attended to. The boat was clean, neat, organized and diligently kept that way with very strict but courteous protocol followed by everyone. The dive sites were all spectacular with well orchestrated entry and exits by all divers in spite of some heavy swells due to weather. All in all, a fantastic diving experience from beginning to end.

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic diving experience (open water certification)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I got my diving certification with Avadon on Dec. 17, 2012. The first 3 dives were at Glovers Reef and the the next 3 at South West Caye. I had a referral from Canada and completed only the open water part with Avadon. Right from the start, Avadon was very professional: Anne Marie answered all the questions I had in regards to the schedule for the day, their fees structure was clear and I never felt pressured. The morning of the dive, the driver was on time to pick me up from the hotel and drive me to Avadon to take the boat to the dive site. The boat was excellent: 2 showers with fresh water available, a well kept washroom, good breakfast, yummy lunch, really appreciated the ginger tea and fresh fruits between dives to take care of the salty water (nice touch Anne Marie!) and most importantly the equipment was always prepared/ checked by their team. The instructor, Arthur, did an amazing job in making me feel comfortable under the water ( it was my first dive in the Ocean) and from someone glued to her instructor like a Nemo fish, he made me feel like the Ocean can become a familiar place. I have seen sharks, eagle rays, turtles, lobsters and the most amazing formation of corals. I loved the wall diving and the sensation of silky sky diving was really cool! The full team worked relentlessly during the trip, and they were all knowledgable, with a real passion for diving: thank you Anne Marie for your good advises and for being so welcoming, thank you Patrick, Sean, Moses and Warren for making everything go so smoothly you make such a strong team! Thank you Arthur for trusting I can be a good diver, sharing your knowledge with me and getting me hooked for life to the diving experience. I will try to go at leat once a year diving. The next diving company will have a hard time to meet Avadon's standards. I think I am spoiled for life now. Big thank you to all! Camelia

Visited December 2012