“Absolutely 5 stars!” 5 of 5 stars

501-523-3293
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Eclectic
Description: Rumfish y vino is centrally located in the Placencia Village Square. Overlooking the ballfield has a festive and breezy atmosphere, and a cool ecclectic soundtrack. A GASTRO-BAR Central American style. From tapas & wine...to frosty draft beers & fish tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy! AMAZING handcrafted cocktails made from fresh fruit infusions and housemade extracts. Ginger, Cocomut, Pineapple, Watermelon Mojitos and more. Small plates style dining plus great entrees and fresh and inspired specials daily. A place for locals and tourists alike. Rumfish y vino proudly imports all of their own wines too. Outdoor and indoor dining, and a big central bar with comfortable seating for dining or just enjoying a few Watermelon Mojitos!
Indianapolis,IN
“Absolutely 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Mmmmmmmm is the best I can say. We ate an evening dinner there and it was amazing! Had thinly sliced raw lion fish drenched in citrus juices, pepper and herbs, and my husband had brochette for our appetizers - amazing! Had a specialty cocktail that had fresh kiwi and juices with vodka -amazing! For our entree we had the special called Seafood Cassourlette which had lion fish seared with wonderful flavors, shrimps, and very tender squid over white beans with a saffron flavored sauce - so amazing! Then for desert a first time ever as well, a Chocolate Habenero Canolli and my husband who rarely eats anything hot finished it off. Loved it! A truly pleasurable memorable taste of new flavors. The service was wonderful and the restaurant had a completely local feel. We will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014

Powder Springs, Georgia
“My favorite porch in Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Been here 3 times over the years. Great casual dining food, cold Belikins, perfect ceviche. Looking forward to my next trip.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Favorite Restaurant in Placencia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

By far the best dinner we had in Placencia We have been here on 2 different trips and it didn't disappoint us this time! Great location on main street over looking the road. The drinks are wonderful and the food is fantastic. Great ambiance as well. Serving lots of local food. Had a curried fish with vegetables that was outstanding. Don't miss this place! You may need to make a reservation because it is popular. But worth it!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Casual High End”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Going to try Rumfish y vino, I needed a companion. The restaurant is a second floor affair. Entering into the expansive bar area we were promptly greeted and asked where we would like to sit. My companion requested the back porch area. A narrow strip of five tables for two overlooking a neighboring business's colorful buildings and maintained grounds. The cooler breeze is always welcomed too. Out front there are many more tables set out side
where if you are seated by the railing you get the streetscape view and are still catching those last rays of sunshine over a nice dinner.
I ordered for the two of us Appetizers of Shrimp Croquettes and Conch Fritters. Both were over seasoned to the point you lost pallet sensation (numbed) from the spiciness. I did prefer the Croquettes even though there was no balance to the spice. My companion actually liked the Fritters. They too were a bit on the hot side. (maybe a bit over the top for the usual client). Mains: Red Snapper with Beans and Chorizo was a "Special" and what I thought I would like. My companion loved to intensity and we switched plates. Don't get me wrong, I like hot but it's my personal taste is all. The Red Curry Snapper from the menu was our second Main course dish and had much better balance for my taste. The fish was a bit overcooked but good anyway.
A Country Club Casual type restaurant, it's a safe bet for tourists only we found it rather expensive. Nice ambiance but so-so on food.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A gorgeous setting with delicious eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This restaurant was so good, we had to go back a second time around. They have a fun drink list, some delicious dishes, including a bbq rib lasagna that sold out the first night we visited and a romantic ambience that makes it the perfect setting for a romantic night out.

Visited March 2014