“Idyllic friendly, dellicious lilttle restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

+501 634-9789
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relax in our garden & enjoy our "Asia de Caribe" cuisine --- combining influences of Spanish, Caribbean and Creole Cuisine with Pan-Asian cooking and flavoring techniques. You'll want to experience our "Signature Stacked Ceviche" --Local Fresh Snapper Ceviche Over Wasabi Guacamole, Fresh Cream, Red Chili Sauce and Lime Essence..... We're located in Placencia Village, across from the basketball courts.
los angeles
“Idyllic friendly, dellicious lilttle restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

We loved this restaurant, the owners are talented and sweet and really care about ambiance and quality. We found ourselves returning for a meal almost every day, the breakfasts are great, the dinners are creative and yummy. It is welcoming, relaxing and cosy inside, and the patio is unique and charming.

Toronto, Canada
“Won't be a secret for long!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

I was lucky enough to spend the first week of the new year in Placencia, and even more lucky to stumble across The Secret Garden.

I was first taken there by friends (locals) who seemed pretty jazzed that this resto had re-opened relatively recently under new ownership, and with a revamped menu. The hosts, a Canadian couple, were exceptionally friendly, and though the menu looked a tad ambitious, I settled on the Shrimp sautéed in Red Thai Chilis.

When our meals arrived, I shuddered briefly -- the presentation was so artistic that it made me question the culinary merits of what I was about to consume (I've been burned before by food-as-sculpture; that looks swell but tastes like sawdust).

My fears were absolutely unfounded -- the meal was top-notch; fiery but still nuanced. And good enough that I resolved to return later in the week for another taste.

Our gang returned to the Secret Garden a few days later, and I was ready for Round Two of the shrimp. On this visit, though, we bumped into the chef who was chatting with people at the table next to us. He recognized that we'd been in before and struck up a chat. He told us that he'd been with local fisherman earlier in the day, and that I might want to try the grilled barracuda that was one of the evening's specials. I did, and again, it was superbly done.

If you're going to Placencia, then put The Secret Garden on your list. For such good food, presented so well, it's a steal, with prices ranging from US$12 to $20 per entree.

P.S. A nice bonus were the house drink specials -- the second night we were there we were treated to out-of-this-world Sangria. And I seem to remember downing a French Martini or two...

Placencia, Belize
“Best restaurant in Placencia!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Chef Brad is an excellent chef! The food was superb. We ate there every chance we got. The three owners, Erin, Jodie, and Brad, make an excellent team and fully complement each other.
The atsmoshere is relaxing and very inviting. It's hard not to feel at home with this team. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is by far one of the best restaraunts anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto
“What Secret?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I just got back from a 10 day stay in Placencia Belize and having eaten at just about every restaurant in town, I'm happy to report that one place stood head and shoulders above the rest and that is the Secret Garden

Most of my days started with an amazing breakfast that ranged from mouth watering eggs benedict to french toast with bananas and melted chocolate. Dinners were even better as they had all of my favorites and all with a local twist of fresh fish, fruit and veggies. And no, it's not a stretch to say that not a single plate was returned with a morsel of food on it cause it was all that good

Even with my short stay in Placencia, I managed to eat at the Secret Garden at least a dozen times and it was the amazing food, drink, people and atmosphere that kept me coming back. I gladly tip my hat to our hosts Jodie, Erin and Brad who were nothing short of a pleasure to eat a drink with and it is my pleasure to strongly recommend their restaurant to you as a must see on your visit to Placencia and if you don't......you're damn fool

Peshtigo, WI
“delicious and delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

I was lucky to discover this new restaurant while in Placencia recently - and loved the owners and food so much I returned for dinner again and breakfast! The restaurant is set off the road and the outdoor tables make you feel like you're eating in a beautiful jungle clearing...and the inside was warm, welcoming, and a great place to enjoy a coffee or cocktail! Jodie makes the best martinis in town, and Erin made me feel right at home! (She also wears and sells really cool jewelry at the bar!) I had a remarkable chili lime snapper the first night and shepards pie the second - both accompanied by veggies that were perfectly cooked and lightly seasoned, allowing the suburb fresh flavors of the veggies to shine through! Chef Brad's eggs w/cheese were also buttery delicious!