“Great local food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Great local food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Delicious fresh fish. Great portion sizes and wonderful selection of different cooking techniques: classic creole, coconut curry, garlic and butter, classic curry. Provides different choices for any size party. Service was very friendly. Do not plan of having perfectly shelled lobster or perfectly boned fish. A bit of a surprise if you aren't expecting it, but not as bad if you are prepared. Wanted to try a milkshake, but unfortunately was not able. Delicious chocolate cake for dessert that was made at Goodies!

• Visited November 2013

Austin, Texas
“Freshest Fish you could Get!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

When we walked up the owner was walking in with a bucket of Fresh Fish just caught at the pier! He was such a nice guy :) My husband ordered the Chicken Curry ( I will sooooo Get that next time we are there) I had the Fresh fish fillet with coconut rice and black beans (seems to be the normal there) It was hands down the very best fish I've ever had in my life!!!! I took a few bites of my husbands curry and it was to die for- flavors we just do not have around where we live. I cannot wait to go back- we loved the village and it rained every day we were there had to wade through town ankle deep in water for 2 days. Can't wait to go back!!! We had huge portions, and drank water (their water is purified) and our meal was $16 including the tip!!! It was fantastic!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hale, Michigan, United States
“Best fry jacks ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our favorite breakfast place in Placencia. The fry jacks were to die for & the homemade guava jelly was the best, bought some to bring home. everything we had was great, especially loved the lime juice with breakfast.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, Michigan
“Fresh Caught Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at Omar's because of the fresh caught seafood that changes daily. We both had crab dishes, cooked in different sauces. It was definitely fresh and the flavors were great. My only complaint is about the small pieces of shell scattered through the dish that I kept chomping down on. This seemed to be a trend among home-style restaurants in Placencia, though. Great service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Barracuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

A friend told me that I should check out Omar's place. I was not disappointed. I had a plate of barracuda in curry sauce. Unbelievable!

• Visited August 2013