“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pal's Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dangriga
Pal's Guest House
Save Saved
You added Pal's Guest House to your Saves list
868 A Magoon Street, Dangriga, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Dangriga B&B and Inns
Orofino
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed a week in October. Spacious, comfortable and clean room. I was comfortable with only a fan. I loved having a back door that opened only a sitting area and the beach. I enjoyed dealing with the owner who managed to work in "fruition" in our initial meeting. UTEP grad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I can't complain about the cleanliness, though another colleague complained of ants because he was on the first floor. If you select a room with AC (for an additional charge), you will be comfortable during the heat. The owner was very nice and responsive to any concerns, of which there were few. Pal's in located within walking distance of most amenities, restaurants and convenience stores.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pal's Guesthouse is not a 5 star hotel, BUT it is cheap and clean. You fall asleep and wake up to the sounds of the waves which is just so relaxing!
We have stayed here previously and I can't complain. The beds are comfortable, sheets and towels are changed daily.
If you want to be in the midst of an authentic Belizean experience stay here. The owner's door is always open and he is extremely helpful.
We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

As an American, I found the best thing about Belize to be the people. I enjoyed being immersed in a different culture. The people of Belize are known for being friendly and open with everyone. This was especially true of Dangriga. Pal's Guesthouse gives you every opportunity to see the real Belize and meet many wonderful people. Thanks to the people at Pal's for a great vacation!

I spent two weeks in-country and probably six nights at Pal's Guesthouse. The accommodations at Pal's were more than adequate. The rooms were exceptionally clean and I never saw a single bug. I found the mattress very comfortable. Most importantly, I felt safe at Pal's (everywhere in Dangriga for that matter). The bathrooms were clean and the showers worked great. Pal's is literally right on the beach, and the metal blinds opened and provided a relaxing and clean sea breeze all day and night. I suggest staying on the second floor as the breeze was especially refreshing.

Don't get me wrong, this place not a luxury resort, but that was not what I wanted. Neither is it priced as a luxury resort. The price for accommodations was more than reasonable and I considered it a real deal. Pal's provided affordable accommodations and the opportunity to meet many friendly people. I definitely plan to visit Belize again, and you can bet I will stay at Pal's again too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

On behalf of the management of PAL's Guest House, we would like to apologize to the reviews who had problems at the guest house. We would like all the readers to be aware that we have made changes (i.e., more lightening, properly screened windows, improved security) based on the compliants made to Island Expedition. We appreciate the feedback as our ultimate goal is to provide service that is of highest quality and is pleasing to our customers.

It is important to note however that PAL's Guest House is a part of a larger community, and so only certain factors are within the control of the establishment. We will however, continue to strive to provide the highest quality service in those elements that are within our control.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Anchorage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Dangriga is a jumping off point for many to the cayes in the South Water Marine Reserve. We were heading out for several days of sea kayaking and needed to stock up in Dangriga before heading out. This required us to spend the night in Dangriga. Pal's is a great spot on the beach. the rooms are very clean and simple. the balcony overlooked the water and had a great breeze. Pal's is conveniently located and the proprietor - Flo - is very nice and helpful. If I was in Dangriga, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water on the second floor.