“Chaleanor hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dangriga
Iowa City, Iowa
“Chaleanor hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Very accommodating to our large group of twenty three. Two blocks from the ocean. Great roof top view. My first trip to Belize and I had heard there were going to be bugs and lizards everywhere. Saw one cockroach in our sink the whole week and that was it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had to travel to Dangriga for a family tragedy recently and this hotel changed my perception of Dangriga Town. I had never stayed in a hotel in Dangriga as I have many relatives and friends in this town but owing to the sudden passing of a relative I took a chance and my first choice was Chaleanor ....The hotel is tucked away from all the town's madness and a fun place...and a wonderful garden ...excellent therapy for grief and sorrow. I stayed in a shared bath room and it was small but had exactly what was needed...The staff ...all mostly family were fun and accommodating they even had fresh fruit in the morning. Thanks guys!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I came for a week to stay and ended up staying long term due to some personal issues. The usher family that own and run this hotel made my stay comfortable and stress free and they went out of their way to accommodate me. Even the staff was very hard working and always with a smile and helping hand. During my stay i had the honor of home cooked food by Mrs. Eleanor and it was finger licking . The rooms are clean and comfortable and did not have any complaints.i enjoyed complimentary coffee and bananas daily in the lobby. The place is well secured and noise free and free WiFi 24 hours.I highly recommend anyone visiting dangriga to stay at chaleanor hotel for night or few days and even for long term visitors.You will be satisfied and relaxed

Room Tip: Room 14 was my home and i have good memories of chaleanor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel on July 3rd-4th, 2014. I must say, Miss Eleanor and her family and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Coffee and fruits was available daily, and the room was clean and very comfortable. Did I mention the spectacular view from the rooftop? It's a must-see. An air conditioned room cost a bit more, but it's worth every penny. The heat index can get pretty high.

Room Tip: The third floor is closest to the roof which is a great place to sit and watch the sun rise and set...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our annual mission trip Project Belize chose to try the Chaleanor Hotel this year for our group to stay and we couldn't have been happier or treated any better by this very warm and special Belizean family!

This is the heart of Belize... don't expect "fancy". Hopefully you don't want or need that here in Dangriga because if you do... you are in the wrong place! What you DO want and get here is CLEAN, SECURE and perfectly simple and well appointed rooms with AC and everything you need for a relaxed, refreshing stay ALL at a most reasonable and affordable price.

What you also get... AND DON'T EXPECT is being treated like family! Including the most amazing Belizean breakfast, hand prepared for you and served up on the roof top terrace.

There were smiles, picture taking and hugs all around when our group departed in the morning for our medical clinic work deep in the Toledo rainforest. Just as we were leaving, a bag of the most amazing fry jacks were tucked under my arm.... "just in case you get a little hungry", she said!

We WILL be back next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Glen Allen, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this place last minute to make getting to the Dangriga airport easier. Dangriga doesn't seem to have much going on (especially on a Sunday). Pelican Beach might be a good place to find something to eat. I went out on foot looking for a place to eat. There was a good sounding jerk BBQ place in my guide book but they were closed. I ended up walking all over the place trying to find something. I came back to the hotel to talk to the proprietors about a good place to eat and they ended up bringing me food upstairs from their table. How awesome is that? Their hospitality at this place is unbeatable. I highly recommend staying here. It's quite inexpensive too. Make sure you head up to the roof the check out the view of the town. Eleanor said she was building either a bar or restaurant up on the roof. That should be nice when it's done.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I spent one night at this hotel, we found it to be spacious, clean and the proprietors very friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee and fruits that we did not expect from a budget hotel. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone visiting Dangriga.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Chaleanor Hotel? Share your experiences!