“never thought it could be this good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Plum Island Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dangriga
Coco Plum Island Resort
You added Coco Plum Island Resort to your Saves list
Coco Plum Caye, Dangriga, Belize   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off All Inclusive
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dangriga
Atlanta, Georgia
“never thought it could be this good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

From the moment we saw the island approaching from the boat we were stoked. I guess I hadn't realized that Coco Plum is on a private island, as in there is nothing but Coco Plum on this island. I never had to lift a finger here except to get my drink to my mouth. They took our luggage to the rooms while we were given a frozen drink and listened to what they had to offer.
Staff- amazing. Everyone was so nice, they all knew our names within a day. Always willing to help and make sure our stay was fantastic.
Lodging- your private cabana will be no more than 30 feet from the ocean and everyone has a full ocean view. It's air conditioned. It's cleaned every day. Bed is comfortable. And it has it's own 5G water jug in case your worried about the local water.
Food- Since we were on our honeymoon I was happy to find out there were no food choices at all. I was a little worried because I can be a bit picky but I ate everything except one dessert they set in front of me. Every other dinner was seafood, the others were either pork or beef or chicken. My favorite lunch was the baked chicken with grilled cheese day. My favorite breakfast was the egg burrito, and favorite dessert was avocado pie.
Drinks- you will find some thing you like. I don't like pineapple or coconut so I wasn't sure what I'd be drinking from the mixed drinks but they have a great list to start with and I liked all of them even some with pineapple juice. And the local beer is good.
Entertainment- we did the zip line/cave tube trip, long drive but the cave tubing was great. The zip line is the same old zip line adventure you can do anywhere. We also kayaked, snorkeled, scuba dived, and laid around on the beach. On Saturday night Coco Plum brought out a local music group with drummers and singers. There was a bonfire and dancing- fun.

If you are looking for adventure this may not be the place for you. We were on a honeymoon so it was the perfect place to leave the wedding planning stress behind. The next time we want to take a break from it all we will be back.

Room Tip: There are 2 different types of cabanas. Some have a mini fridge and some do not.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

After extensive research into options for a private, relaxing, and truly unique honeymoon in Belize, we chose Coco Plum. Our nine day stay in May of 2013 was absolutely everything we had hoped it would be.

A few highlights to point out just how amazing Coco Plum is:

- The staff is truly first class. They made us feel like family. Not only are they extremely helpful, friendly, and a lot of fun, they go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I have many examples of extraordinary service from the staff on the island and from those that support from the office in Dangriga. One that really stands out: on the night that the staff knew it was my husband's birthday, they built a bonfire, made a special birthday cake, and threw a party for all of the guests. They really care about their guests. I can't express how appreciative we for that.

- Coco plum lets you tailor your trip to be as active or relaxing, and as private or social as you want it to be. If you want to go snorkeling, kayaking, stand up paddling all day and party with the guests all night - that is there for you. On the other extreme, you can also relax alone on a dock beach chair, get a massage in a thatch hut next to the water, nap, have a private dinner, and take drinks from the bar to your cabana. (FIY, we did all of the above). During our stay, we made friends with guests of all ages, and stages of life. Coco Plum attracts good people, and we had so much fun with them! I would say though that Coco plum is not a singles scene, and is primarily couples, or families with adult children.

- The accommodations and the view cannot be matched. The private cabanas have all the amenities of a premium hotel. This is NOT a rustic resort. Step right out the door to a truly peaceful and spectacular view of paradise. I don’t know why I am even trying to explain this in words…it’s impossible…you just have to go and see it yourself!

- Anglers will love this place. My husband spent hours upon hours fly fishing from the docks at Coco Plum. He also had a private trip with a guide from the island to try to catch tarpon and permit. More on his fishing experience here http://gerrystewart.tumblr.com/post/50476152489/belize-where-bonefish-dance-in-the-shallow-flats-and

A few other notes to set expectations:

- If you are susceptible to car sickness, you might want to forgo the inland tours. The driving in Belize is kind of crazy!

- If you have food allergies or just don't like certain foods, the staff can accommodate no problem. The food and drinks at Coco Plum are definitely tasty and indulgent, so expect to gain a few pounds….hey it is vacation, right? (The staff did say that several guests had been recommending more fruit and veggie options, so perhaps lighter fare will be available in the future.)

Coco plum is an amazing experience. It is worth every penny...and I honestly think it very reasonably priced for all that is included and for the amazing level of service.

Room Tip: Bring high SPF sunscreen, even if you usually tan. We used 70+ and still came back golden :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I and sister and brother-in-law stayed at Coco Plum resort from May 8th - 15th. From the moment we landed in Dangirga, we knew we were going to be in for a treat. The staff here are amazing, remember our names and doing everthing they can to ensure you are having a great time. The food, rooms and views are pretty amazing but as many said, it is the attention by the staff that makes this one of the best places we ever stayed to Belize (8 visits to Belize) . When we didn't go on an inland tour, they arranged for those of us who stayed behind to take a snorkel trip.

Our group's average age is 60 and we were either fishing, kayaking, exploring, swimming, relaxing in a hammock or snorkeling every day. When we first arrived, there were quite a few "honeymooners" but everyone was really friendly and the only age difference is that we avoided the "minnow shots" but Sergio's shot hour is not to be missed..

Our family is planning to return this coming April. Friends of ours are also looking to join us on our next adventure. When we were there, we started talking to Byron and Elias about some more eco-tourism ideas and hope they make it happen,

Thanks again to the staff for making this a trip of a lifetime.

Room Tip: -Newer cabins are a bit further away but very peaceful and spacious. One suggestion is to bring a sm...
Arvada, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were at Coco Plum just two weeks ago and we’re already planning our next visit in 2014. The views, food, snorkeling and rum are amazing but it’s really the service and warm people who make it all work. The staff did everything possible to accommodate our wants and needs. The cabanas are much nicer than we expected and we had no issues with bugs or water sickness . If you’re a snob, please stay somewhere else as Coco Plum is for real people who deserve the vacation of a lifetime. Thanks again to our new friends among the staff and fellow guests. We’ll be back!

Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two-week visit to Coco Plum Island Resort. Our first visit occured in 2007 and we have returned every year since then without fail. For those of you who have experienced life at Coco Plum, you understand our undying facination and love for the island, its' staff, and it's owners.

This year marked our 44th wedding anniversary and we celebrated it in "island style." The Best Man and Matron of Honor from our wedding in 1969 came to Coco Plum with us to participate in a Redux Ceremony. The staff surprised us by decorating the sundeck with fresh flowers arranged in conch shells and the humorous ceremony was conducted by "Lord" Byron.

Week 2 was shared with our adult children who were returning for their second visit to Coco Plum. Our week was filled with fun activities such as snorkling, fishing, island tours, volleyball, hermit crab races, horseshoes and socializing at the bar. We especially enjoyed trying out the new paddle boat and paddle boards.

Our meals consisted of fabulous homemade soups and breads, plenty of seafood, and wonderful Belizean dishes. Our undying gratitude (plus a few extra pounds) goes to Miss Sue, Jude and Jessica.

I've often wondered why we can't seem to get enough of Coco Plum Caye. My husband and I enjoy traveling and take several trips each year; however, Coco Plum is the only one we return to year after year. I've decided the main difference is the exceptional staff and the way they make you feel so special. We have been home now for almost two weeks and there is not a day that goes by that I don't smile at some remembrance from our trip. Our reservations for next year have already been made and we are counting down the days until we return in 2014!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Coco Plum in December 2008 for our honeymoon. We decided then that we had to return, and did just that April 16 - 23rd. We also managed to convice some good friends of ours that it would be worth the travel to get there. It most definitely was. I didn't think things could have been better than our trip 5 years ago, but I was wrong. The improvements to the island are beautiful. The staff is still just as amazing, if not even more so. We were completely spoiled. Anything we wanted, anything we needed was done with no problem. I had a bit of anxiety about snorkeling again, but with some help from my husband and patient, patient Byron, I was able to go twice. The ruins were beautiful again, and we had a really fantastic fishing trip with Crispin. We all returned home tanned, well-fed, relaxed, and ready to sell all of our belongings and move to Belize.

As beautiful as the island is, as beautiful as the country of Belize is, and as relaxing as a vacation by the ocean can be, the staff is what makes Coco Plum so amazing. I don't think any review can accurately portray just how fantastic they are.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabana Kimi for a second time. It is a perfect location that makes getting to anything...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ever leave a resort hugging the staff? We did. We could not have been better taken care of. It is the people of Coco Plum that make you want to come back. Every meal was the very best Belize food ever. Chef Sue even shared one of her recipes. If you just want to relax and have people wait on you head and foot, this is the place. Thanks Coco Plum

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Coco Plum Island Resort? Share your experiences!