My husband and I arrived at thatch caye for the beginning of our honeymoon in Belize. Fantastic decision to start with luxury!
The Canadian managers, Chris and Frank, were fantastic hosts and do a great job managing the island.
The island is beautiful, the casita we stayed in was clean, beds comfortable, ocean view from our bed and hammocks on our roof top deck.
The food at thatch caye is freshly prepared, home made cooking. Set menu for each meal but they accommodated many guests with different dietary needs and preferences. Their baked goods, bread, are fantastic!
We did the half day snorkelling tour and it was good. The wind was making the water a little murky but it was a good location. We also did the drop fishing tour twice. It was so neat to fish with a line, hook and your hands, and catch lots!
All the staff at thatch caye are very friendly and sociable. The bartender Jess was a great drink maker and awesome dominoes partner!
We would definitely go again!!!
- Also Known As:
- Thatch Caye Hotel Dangriga
- Thatch Caye Hotel
- Thatch Caye Dangriga
- Thatch Caye Resort Belize/Dangriga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thatch Caye Resort introduces a whole new level of eco-adventure and comfort for marine activities in Belize! Enjoy the amazing sights and sensations of the largest barrier reef in the Northern Hemisphere while relaxing in a top-quality upscale resort. Thatch Caye Resort is a private island located 9 miles from the main town of Dangriga in south-central Belize and two miles inside the barrier reef. Join one of our amazing getaway packages or let us help you customize a stay just for you. The Rest & Relaxation package offers you the freedom and flexibility to choose your own mainland and marine adventures while you are with us. The Reef Explorer explores the Belize Barrier Reef and mangroves on guided snorkeling tours. Visit Tobacco Caye and South Water Caye on the scuba diving package. Enjoy guided adventure and a hint of romance on our Honeymoon Getaway. Sea kayakers, saltwater fly-fishermen, snorkelers, scuba divers, and marine sightseers will love this Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels so you can book your Thatch Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.