“Quiet and Restful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Corozal Town B&B and Inns
Enderby, Canada
“Quiet and Restful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I bused to Corozal from Playa del Carmen and were happy to find such a nice quiet hotel when we arrived.We spent two nights and found the location very conveniet. We were only three blocks from the water and right downtown. The room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The building is fun, with a large balcony, close to the beach, the market, and whatever else you might need. Corozal is basically the town nearest the border and this is a great place to stop. The owner was very friendly and helpful to us. I agree with another review: the room was simple, clean, comfortable, quiet and the price was fair. As two women travelers, we felt quite secure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I spent 4 nights here and loved it! Charlie (owner) was so accommodating and helpful. Being a solo traveler, I felt very safe. I stayed on the 2nd floor which has a balcony overlooking the street below...fun place to sit and people watch and take in the sea breeze. Great rooms w/ a/c, hot showers w/ great water pressure. PERFECT!
Thanks Charlie for being so great! Hope to see you when I pass back thru on my back to the states!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I spent just one night in Corozal, but had noticed Las Palmas from a previous stay in the town. A beautiful building, and close to everything you might need while there. The room was simple, clean, and comfortable and I felt it was worth the rate I paid. I would certainly stay here again the next time I am through this way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a stay in Corozal Town, Belize where we spend three splendid days wandering the town, renewing some past memories, seeing its sites, meeting the locals and looking up old friends. Our home base for this stay was the tranquil and relaxing Las Plamas Hotel. Rebuilt from the ground up from the ghost of the old Nestor's Hotel, our host Charlie Rublee has created a beautiful oasis in the heart of Corozal Town. Very Reasonably priced and centrally located the hotel is perfect. Our cozy room had everything we needed, a very comfortable double bed, private bath, wall fan, A/C, WiFi and cable tv. A great spot to explore all around town and enjoy the local shops and restaurants. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground level rooms but the other levels were tempting !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We spend the afternoon at the public beach and sought shelter as the sun was going down. After running into a few places on the water that we were referred to and noticed upon traveling into town, we went one street off the main ocean path and immediately saw Las Palmas. White, Column exterior, fenced in for security and right next to a local corner store. I thought they would be booked. I was thrilled upon entering the compound to see a yardly court with internet access and meet the owner, Charlie. I actually couldn't believe we scored such a nice place 'on the fly'. The room was up a staircase and the whole place was quiet and clean. I thought it would be a great hotel to rent out for friends/family having a wedding in the town, that pretty. The room had two twin beds and was clean and bright, warm water, high water pressure, basic annemities. More than comfortable for me, my husband our 11 year old and our 6 month old baby. Charlie gave us suggestions on local eateries and we had dinner right on the beach front at Corozal Blue, a new place with all the ambiance, an average menu and a killer yard for entertaining children...swings and a trampoline. He also shared with us his general life path (Texan-American) and what led him to Belize. He children graduated from a school in Belize and both were off to higher education. I appreciated talking with him about his 8? + years retiring in Belize. He was a wealth of information and a good soul. The pillows were 'flat' ( read that in a previous post) haha, but then again, who travels to Central America expecting to have all the comforts of home? I am shocked to read that any one could post anything other than rave reviews.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at Las Palmas Hotel. The premises are clean, convenient, and the price is great. Then too, staying at Las Palmas Hotel is extremely safe. I recommend folks to stay at the hotel because the rooms are well kept, and fully accomodated with the correct necessities. The folks are friendly, helpful, polite, and professional. I really love to see the little palm trees when I walked onto the premisses. I give this hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the water because the hotel is only a block away from the Caribbean Sea
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Las Palmas Hotel? Share your experiences!