“Good overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Corozal Town B&B and Inns
Canada
“Good overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I spent just one night in Corozal, but had noticed Las Palmas from a previous stay in the town. A beautiful building, and close to everything you might need while there. The room was simple, clean, and comfortable and I felt it was worth the rate I paid. I would certainly stay here again the next time I am through this way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a stay in Corozal Town, Belize where we spend three splendid days wandering the town, renewing some past memories, seeing its sites, meeting the locals and looking up old friends. Our home base for this stay was the tranquil and relaxing Las Plamas Hotel. Rebuilt from the ground up from the ghost of the old Nestor's Hotel, our host Charlie Rublee has created a beautiful oasis in the heart of Corozal Town. Very Reasonably priced and centrally located the hotel is perfect. Our cozy room had everything we needed, a very comfortable double bed, private bath, wall fan, A/C, WiFi and cable tv. A great spot to explore all around town and enjoy the local shops and restaurants. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground level rooms but the other levels were tempting !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We spend the afternoon at the public beach and sought shelter as the sun was going down. After running into a few places on the water that we were referred to and noticed upon traveling into town, we went one street off the main ocean path and immediately saw Las Palmas. White, Column exterior, fenced in for security and right next to a local corner store. I thought they would be booked. I was thrilled upon entering the compound to see a yardly court with internet access and meet the owner, Charlie. I actually couldn't believe we scored such a nice place 'on the fly'. The room was up a staircase and the whole place was quiet and clean. I thought it would be a great hotel to rent out for friends/family having a wedding in the town, that pretty. The room had two twin beds and was clean and bright, warm water, high water pressure, basic annemities. More than comfortable for me, my husband our 11 year old and our 6 month old baby. Charlie gave us suggestions on local eateries and we had dinner right on the beach front at Corozal Blue, a new place with all the ambiance, an average menu and a killer yard for entertaining children...swings and a trampoline. He also shared with us his general life path (Texan-American) and what led him to Belize. He children graduated from a school in Belize and both were off to higher education. I appreciated talking with him about his 8? + years retiring in Belize. He was a wealth of information and a good soul. The pillows were 'flat' ( read that in a previous post) haha, but then again, who travels to Central America expecting to have all the comforts of home? I am shocked to read that any one could post anything other than rave reviews.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at Las Palmas Hotel. The premises are clean, convenient, and the price is great. Then too, staying at Las Palmas Hotel is extremely safe. I recommend folks to stay at the hotel because the rooms are well kept, and fully accomodated with the correct necessities. The folks are friendly, helpful, polite, and professional. I really love to see the little palm trees when I walked onto the premisses. I give this hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the water because the hotel is only a block away from the Caribbean Sea
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sarteneja, Corozal, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel is clean from top to bottom. I believe the best in this town. You may find a hotel with rooms that have a better view, but not one that is more secure. For example the workers have been here for years and like their jobs. They are friendly, flexible, and honest. The owner is American and the hotel is constructed to meet standards expected from U.S. travelers. There is no pool, but the sea is only a block away. I spent Christmas here alone without my family, but the employees and owners treated me as family. Everyday the owner asked how I was and how I was enjoying my stay. They believe in Excellence and expect it from their workers. If you are looking for somewhere with flexible rates, rooms with a variety of accommodations, security, friendly honest flexible staff look no further. If you need advice about residing in this country the owner would be happy to give you priceless information. Feel free to practice your Spanish with the bilingual staff. You will feel right at home.

Room Tip: Some rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, etc. and you might ask for a discount if you can live wit...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We can to Corozal Town for a mission trip and were thrilled with our stay at Las Palmas. The hotel is owned by a very caring family and is like a palace. It is very clean and nice accommodations. Every morning we had a very nice arranged breakfast. The price fit our budget. We felt very safe. When one of our team got ill and the team was gone Charlie, the owner, checked on her. The view from the area we did our bible study was majestic.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed 3 nites at Las Palmas, enjoyed our stay, super friendly owner, very attentive, centrally located, The rooms were very clean.
We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Palmas Hotel? Share your experiences!