“Delicious and reasonable!” 5 of 5 stars

+501 422-3796
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Corozal Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cajun & Creole, Pizza, Cafe, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: RD's Diner serves Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Our menu ranges from Finger food to gourmet dishes. All entree are freshly prepared from scratch. Our local dishes (Rice & Beans / Stew Chicken / Cowfoot Soup/ Jerk pork Ribs & Chicken / Smoked pork Ribs) are cooked on a wood fire furnace. Available daily, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha & Frappe drinks also Milk Shakes & Ice Cream (Sundaes & Banana Split).We prepare a daily special that ranges from Caribbean to International dishes.We also do Pizza and pasta dishes. We cater for large groups and have a seating capacity of 50. Our opening hours are from 8:00 a.M. To 11:00 p.M. From Monday to Saturday. Reservations recommended to avoid inconvenience.
“Delicious and reasonable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are food lovers to the bone and usually very open to trying something new. We had been to RD's Diner once and really liked the food so we came back and now we are convinced of how good the food is! We like the atmosphere and quick service. We totally recommend this place and will surely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Albion, Indiana
“Pizza and caesar salad were both excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We absolutely loved our meal at RD's Diner. Rick was a fantastic host, and my Caesar salad was perfect. The pizza was great, and served just like we like it with lots of cheese. We were really in the mood for a good pizza, and Rick did not disappoint! You have got to visit him if you are in Corozal!

Visited June 2013
Sarteneja, Belize
“Worst pizza ever. must have been at least 8 pc. peperoni on it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Worst pizza ever. My dog wouldn't eat it. Extremely slow service. Got wrong order. Order fish fingers and got chicken fingers. Got a glass of lime aid and the glass had soap residue in it and they still wanted me to pay for it. Excuse was the waiter couldn't help what they did in the kitchen. LOL Children running around all over the place yelling.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mason, Ohio
“Friendly place, good food, reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Rick and his staff took good care of our large group, even without any advance notice that we were coming. The food was very good, as were the prices. Nice air conditioned atmosphere, too. We'll be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Don't go here if you're looking for good food served hot in a reasonable amount of time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The "chef" was dining with his family and unfortunately mine had to wait an hour for our three meals. Sadly, we were one of two tables (other than the family's table) and the couple who were there before my wife, daughter and myself waited even longer for their meal to arrive.

My daughter literally fell asleep waiting and the worst part is that when the food finally arrived, most of it was cold. Cold fries, cold mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons of coleslaw that was no more than cabbage carrot and mayonaise (no vinegar, spice, salt, pepper or sugar). The pork chop was about as tender as trying to eat an undercooked 7 bone blade steak... lots of gristle and bone. The sauce on the chops were no more than knorr brown gravy packet with a few mushrooms tossed in. The burger was serviceable however it was immediately noticable to me that when pan frying the patty, the cooking oil flamed up and burned leaving a most unpleasant kerosene-esque flavor. Very low rent chinese stirfry amateur.

I'm a chef with over a decade of training and experience and am one to cut a lot of slack and am not accustomed to write negative reviews, but I couldn't let this one pass. I was appalled at how long we waited for "chef" Rick to get into gear. I would have left after 45 minutes, but my family was hungry and it would have only amounted to waiting even longer for nourishment.

I left wishing two things:
1) I could allocate some of the cost of our meal toward the tip because the server was gracious although confusing which "special" we wanted and I didn't want to penalize her for her efforts. I wish we could grade our service by how much we pay (instead I reluctantly wrote this article)

2) we went to the chinese restaurant in our hotel (which I stopped in and ordered some chow mein after leaving RD's because the plates were disappointingly scant and was still hungry after leaving... you know what, the chow mein was hot, fresh, amply portioned, cheap at 7 BZ and came out in 7 minutes... and guess what? NO kerosene flavor)

I read all the reviews for RD before going... many of which said that the eatery accommodates big parties handily... well, I don't see how this would happen with the current kitchen staff. Two tables for a sum total of 5 people required and hour to make our food. The chef also doesn't know how to coordinate his dishes because and knucklehead griddle jockey knows that if you scoop out the mashed potatoes on to the plate with your lunchroom cafeteria issue ice cream scoop 45 minutes before your gravied shoe leather "chop" is ready, they'll be a little chilled by the time they come up. Same with the fries, except they're worse b/c they only require a brief refesher dip into the hot oil to crisp and heat those puppies up again.

Sad sad sad. I wish i could tag pictures to this review because I'd want you to see the pitiful mess of it all.

The pros?: the fried chicken tasted good albeit needed salt and the burger apart from its kerosene infusion was otherwise edible.

We finished everything on our plates because first, I wasn't going to waste my money further and also because we waited so dang long we were starving. Definitely NOT a compliment to the chef.

Sorry rick, get out the dining room and get in the kitchen, or better yet, hire a competent cook that moves quicker than a snails pace and know hows to put up more than 3 dishes together at once so everything hot.