“Table Rock is the perfect place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Table Rock Jungle Lodge

You added Table Rock Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Table Rock Jungle Lodge
On the Macal River in the Jungle | Mile 5 Cristo Rey Road / PO Box 179, San Ignacio, Belize   |
Special Offer
4th NIGHT FREE!
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in San Ignacio
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles
“Table Rock is the perfect place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

We just got back from Table Rock two weeks ago and I wish I was back there. My wife and I stayed five nights and had the best time. The resort is beautiful, the food was great and the the staff is excellent. We were in the Aracari room and it was very comfortable, spacious with a nice bathroom.
My only warning would be that, it is a ways out of San Ignacio, so you won't be running into town every day. But you don't need to . Grab a hammock, hit the river or take on of the trips they can set up for you.
Jen was always available for questions or conversation and Chris is a great cook. I know you've read this before, but it is the truth.
I don't relax easily, but I had the most relaxing time in a many years.
Thanks Jen and Chris
Terry and Elizabeth Dadd

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Long Beach, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I've traveled to Belize often for business but haven't really had the chance to get out of Belize City until this trip. It was the first for my wife and neither of us could believe how much nicer it was outside of belize city.
Allan and Colleen's Table Rock Lodge is a great place to stay. We booked the Mot Mot room (a private cabana) instead of one of theother two rooms that are side by side in the same cabana (only a total of three rental rooms available at table rock lodge). Our first night there we had one other couple that was finishining their stay, and the next two nights it was just us. Jen, the greeter on our arrival was friendly and accommodating. Chris,, her husband was the chef (we took all our breakfasts and dinners there) was an EXCELLENT COOK. Probably the best food i've had in all 25 trips to Belize. Fresh snook and snapper despite not being on the coast and excellent pork tenderloin were the three dinners. We always took dinner with the staff as we enjoyed talking with them. Our second night we had George over for dinner, the owner of 19,000 acres at mountain pine ridge. Lots of great stories every night.

They hooked us up with Brainard August as our guide to Caracol, Rio on Pools, Alyson's horseback adventures and Jaguar Paw cave tubing. Brainard was also excellent. he was laid back and fun to be with. a real knowledgable, saw all the birds, friendly guide.

the room we stayed in was also great. lots of room, purified water comfy bed. everything you could hope for in the jungle. We canoed (no charge) up river and floated back the first day we got there on the Macal river just down from the lodge.

All in all a great place to stay. I'm trying to get my work associates to go there for dinner some night when we are in Belize city (the way I drive it was only 1 hour 20 minutes from Table Rock to my hotel in Belize City. in acutallity, 66 miles on the western highway and five miles on the bumpy Cristo Rey road)

I would definitely go back to this comfy and friendy lodge! The WiFi internet was a real Plus

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

I have more than enjoyed my last five days at Table Rock! The owners Colleen and Alan created a unique and cozy little paradise perfect to escape and recharge!

They will be more than happy to tell you the stories of the place and how their dreams took shape but also teach you about birds, trees along beautiful paths through their property.

Make sure you stay long enough to enjoy everything in site, hammock, and local rum, complimentary canoe along the Macal river, the farm and the donkeys but also some of the tours that can be booked for a daily trip to Mayans ruins or caves.

The rooms were great, named after lovely birds encountered on the property, the food diverse (not the usual rice and beans!) and the campfire a plus!

I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I spent a full week at Table Rock with my boyfriend just after New Years. We had an amazing time; beautiful nature, lovely owners, great food - and total relaxation. I'd go back anytime!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I really can't say enough about our stay at Table Rock. It was so "just right." My husband, 11-year old daughter and I arrived at the airport, were picked up by Alan, the owner, enjoyed an informative ride to the Belize Zoo (a great introduction to Belizean wildlife) and on to Table Rock. Our luggage was brought to our lovely room (the MotMot) and we were offered a cocktail on the deck overlooking the river. What a great start to a terrific 4-night stay!

The staff is amazingly flexible. You can do everything on your own, or they can organize transportation and activities for you. Because of our circumstances, we had Jen, the manager, organize everything for us. Bernard, our guide, brought us horse riding, zip-lining, cave tubing, touring Caracol and enjoying a dip in the Rio On pools. We had an absolutely fantastic time.

Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to just relax at Table Rock. The river is so clear and refreshing and the property so inviting, I would have liked another whole day just to hang out.

And I have to mention the helpful, welcoming staff and wonderful food (thanks, Chris)!! No run-of-the-mill dinners here. Everything freshly and imaginatively prepared with a heavy emphasis on local ingredients.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

My girlfriend and I spent four night/three full days at Table Rock, and we absolutely loved it. Not only was there a great diversity of birds and other wildlife, and all the wonderful sounds of the tropic forests day and night (in addition to a few faint, pleasant sounds of rural, agrarian Belize, such as donkeys braying, roosters crowing, and various emanations from the tiny village a few miles away), but the hosts/staff were engaging and welcoming, and the food was terrific. A brilliant spray of stars in the night sky. Also, good swimming (Macal River) and hiking trails. Table Rock is the perfect base camp for touring the various ruins and other sights in western Belize/eastern Guatemala. The staff at Table Rock will arrange pretty much any trip you need; they know all the guides and have visited most of the sites. I really cannot say enough about Table Rock.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

We were looking to get off the beaten path without giving up too many creature comforts. We found what we were looking for and more. Alan, Colleen, Jen and Chris are the most genuinely gracious hosts and have created a little pieces of heaven where you can get away from it all. Lay in the hammocks, canoe or swim in the river, pick fruit from the trees, have a cocktail, or do absolutely nothing at all here. Take a tour of the property with Alan if you have the chance. The owners arranged all of our tours (Caracol, ATM cave) for us with a great guide, Bernard.

The rooms are rustically elegant and have all of the amenities you will need. The food is excellent and I feel it is of value to say that I am trained as a chef. Plan to take most of your meals at Table Rock because it is a bit of a trek (15-20 mins on windy road) and not so advisable in the dark. Breakfast includes coffee, juice, and fruit (most from the property), local yogurt and homemade granola or bacon and eggs and is fairly simple. Dinner is more extravagant and elegant. Chef Chris combines french and japanese style with belizean specialties. Sample dinners included conch soup and cochia (local fish) with callaloo (local greens) over curried rice, as well as roasted chicken with Parmesan polenta and zucchini and carrots, and zucchini salad with chili vinaigrette and carribean lobster with local yams and clarified butter. Jen mixes a great cocktail at the bar. Be sure to hang by the fire pit with a few belikin bears after dinner. The owners are happy to share stories of life in Belize and you will no doubt hear the local wildlife in the trees as well.

The owners genuinely care for their guests and this property is a labor of love. They maintain their property and take care of their guests with integrity and care. The staff are actively engaged in making sure you have the best possible experience. If you are looking to get away from it all, have great food and drink, great company, beautiful scenery, and a memorable stay, choose Table Rock.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Table Rock Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!