“amazing jungle experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Table Rock Jungle Lodge

You added Table Rock Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Table Rock Jungle Lodge
on the Macal River in the Jungle | Mile 5 Cristo Rey Road / PO Box 179, San Ignacio, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in San Ignacio
san francisco, ca
“amazing jungle experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

colleen and alan have really put their heart into table rock, and it shows! we stayed at table rock earlier this month for two nights and it is such a little haven in the jungle. from the moment we arrived at table rock, we felt at home as we went on a sunset walk through their property with their dogs, who are so sweet! the place is small but is well decorated and elegant. the staff are very friendly, attentive and the rooms are very clean, especially for the jungle (note there are very few to no bugs in the rooms and that is extremely hard to come by in the jungle!). the bathrooms were luxurious and the showers hot (thanks to the tankless water heaters). the food here was also excellent - warm biscuits with local honey, french toast, eggs, fresh fruit for breakfast; on the first night we had a papaya salad and shrimp linguine alfredo, the second night we had another yummy salads (most veggies grown on their farm), fresh fish cooked in plantain leaves with cous cous and blanched veggies; for dessert, make sure to get the peanut butter pie!! all meals were made by colleen, who is an excellent cook. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and wished that we could have stayed longer!

• Liked — everything was perfect and exceeded expectations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Hawkes Bay, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

If you're looking for luxury cabins in the jungle with warm and friendly hosts then look no further. We stayed at Table Rock for three nights and loved it. The rooms are so elegantly decorated in natural local woods, with high cotton count sheets and towels. The shower is pure rain water so your hair feels amazing (there is hot water). Our hosts Alan & Colleen made our stay so memorable and looked after us like long lost friends. The food at the restaurant was superb. We would definitely return and recommend this to all.

• Liked — Luxury accommodation and the hosts
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

My wife and I arrived at Table Rock on July 21 not really knowing what to expect but as soon as you pull onto the property you know you are in for a real treat. This eco friendly resort has everything you could ever imagine and more. From the courtesy of the staff, to accomadations, and scenery like no other place. We stayed for 7 days and every moment was an adventure. There are plenty of things to do so you are never bored. Our favorite thing was hanging out in the river, walking the trails, and then relaxing in the hammocks. We were never hot, never cold, and there were no bugs to worry about at all. This is one trip everyone should have the chance to enjoy at least once in their lifetime. You will not want to come home.
Thank you so much Colleen and Alan for our wonderful stay.
Damon and Katie Thomas

• Liked — Staff, Rooms, Scenery, location, fun fun fun
  • Disliked — That I had to leave
Green Cove Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

I have to say to ALL the Brides out there.....if you are thinking of a destination wedding, Table Rock in Belize is "The Place". The owners were so kind and willing to help with every detail, from the major, legal details to the small, table settings. I found the property at Table Rock to be the most beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. The flowers there made for an incredible boutique that my finance actually helped to make for me!! From the staff to the food to the suroundings, it was the best vacation I have ever gone on. It made my wedding and honeymoon such a memorable occassion. My husband and I plan on going back just as soon as we can to re-live our adventure in paradise and to rediscover ourselves again and again.

-Kathryn Karney

• Liked — The Room and The Food
  • Disliked — Bumpy Roads
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

I can't wait for my next visit, I've been twice and it just gets better. Colleen & Alan have treated Table Rock with the love and respect it deserves and it really shows, everything is done with care - the food, the decorations, the planting, the preservation of the jungle. I recently recommended some friends to go and stay there and they loved it too, saying it was even more than they had expected from my descriptions. My only complaint is that Belize is not exactly an easy journey from the UK, but once you get there it's completely worth while...

• Liked — The levels of service
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Idyllwild, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

This wonderful new hotel is very special. It has only three rooms which gives guests the feeling of being family instead of customers. The cabana we stayed in was quite nice, with a unique stone shower and a thatched roof you looked up at as you lay in bed. Colleen is a great hostess and a great cook. My husband is a vegetarian and she cooked special meals for him. Allan took great care of us, saying "you're the guest, what do YOU want?". They arranged tours for us, all of which were great. I especially recommend any tour with Rudy, Joanne, or Joseph. My favorite day may have been the one we lay in hammocks and read, then went for a lazy canoe ride. Before I went, I sent a bunch of emails asking about all sorts of silly things and Colleen answered them all very patiently, steering me gently to the best decisions. I can't wait to go again.

• Liked — The relaxed, Belize atmosphere
  • Disliked — No complaints at all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Ferndale WA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

Our family of five, including two teenagers, had a most comfortable and delightful stay at Table Rock.

We enjoyed fresh picked oranges from their orchard, canoed and tubed in the river below, played games that were provided, and enjoyed Connie, Allen, Morgan and Toby's company.

They accommodated our every request. I would stay again, without hesitation.

• Liked — Cleanliness and activity opportunities.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Table Rock Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!