This place is like a dream, even better than the reviews can portray and you just have to go here to understand. We stayed in mid June and had an absolutely amazing time. We spent a couple days doing tours.... if you can get Diego to do your tour in a cave/cave tubing you are in for a special treat but all the guides we had were great. We also spent a day just exploring the property and relaxing in the hammocks, both at our rooms and in the hammock palapa. If the river is at least a few feet deep, just grab a life jacket and float down the river, it is slow enough that you just lazily float along. Ranger, the German Shepherd will go along the river trail to meet you where you get out of the river. The food.... some of the best meals I have ever had and the open air dining with the jungle around you is so nice. Two of our group had dietary restrictions and they were accommodated flawlessly with just as delicious meals. With only five cabanas you get to know the other people staying there and one of the best things is hearing about the experiences they have had during the day and sharing your own. Walk around the property, visit and feed the donkeys!
Bring 98% Deet and put it on to keep the mosquitoes away. As long as we had that on the bugs left us alone. Be aware it is a good 90 minute ride from the airport and the roads can be a bit bumpy.
Now that you know about Table Rock, think long and hard about choosing to not stay here. This is one of those places that touches you and stays with you long after you leave. My only regret is the owners were not there when we were and we missed getting to meet the people that created this special place. The staff took perfect care of us though!
If (when!!) you go here, visit http://www.packforapurpose.org/docs/countries/belize/table-rock-jungle-lodge.shtml and use some space in your luggage to help the local schools!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge is an eco-lodge in a canopied rainforest setting unlike any other in the Cayo Distict of Belize. With only 6 cabanas on our 105-acre Macal River reserve, you can enjoy the intimate rainforest setting and the sights and sounds of the Belizean jungle. Hike, swim, canoe, birdwatch, or just indulge in serious relaxation. Close to all the major Mayan archaeological sites and natural wonders of Belize, and only 5 miles outside of San Ignacio, Table Rock is the ideal location for your next adventure holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Table Rock Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Rock Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio