My boyfriend and I stayed at Table Rock for 3 nights May 30 - June 2nd this year. Overall impression was that we absolutely LOVED it. The lodge is incredibly well done, set on 100 acres of beautiful jungle, including lots of orchard land. The Cabanas are simple and rustic but elegantly decorated. It is a very private place, when we stayed we were the only guests there the majority of the time. The BEAUTIFUL "restaurant" and bar cabana is open air overlooking the Macal River surrounded by lush, gorgeous jungle. The game/hammock cabana is located right next to that and the bartenders will serve you drinks wherever you would like. As you have probably all read, the food truly IS amazing. The food is fresh, elegantly conceived, beautifully executed and ALWAYS tastes good. Oh, and so do the drinks!
The staff there is truly SO friendly but in no way at all pushy. They are always there with a smile and good input for any questions you may have, but never badgering as we experienced at other resorts. Really a great team, and of course the owners are AWESOME! The camp dogs, Ava and Ranger are the cutest jungle pups and amazingly well suited to the environment. Even if you aren't a dog person ther never bother you at all but are there to give you a four legged tour of the property whenever you want. We honestly found them to be a plus of staying there!
The only real negative things I can say about the property are this:
-- You need to understand that there really IS NO air-conditioning. I knew this going into it but experiencing it was a different animal. I would certainly still go back knowing it now, but maybe I would have brought even more quick-dry clothing, you WILL sweat a lot, especially in the warmer months. As soon as the sun goes down it drops about 10 degrees and with light clothing, the light sheet and the fan set on high we were able to sleep without any issues.
-- The lodge is a good 15-20 minute bumpy drive up the rainforest road from San Ignacio. Taxi into town cost $25 one-way so plan to be there once you are there, and set up your tours through the lodge or make sure if you arrange with other operators to have them pick you up and drop you off there. We arranged our tours with other operators and had them set up to pick us up there for $10/pp. We didn't find this distance from San Ignacio an inconvenience because we WANTED to be in the jungle, and with the food as amazing as it is there's really no need to go anywhere else other than your adventures. However, remember to grab snacks in town, any meds you might need (think tylenol, anti-diarrheals, dayquil, etc) before coming up to the lodge, that way you don't have to make any unexpected trips out.
-- We spent a day exploring the property's orchards, river trail, and feeding the donkies. We took a canoe up the river to Chaa Creek and paid $5/pp to use their GORGEOUS pool and hike their 8+ miles of hiking trails. We also had a very nice, although pricey, lunch there. We were very glad with our decision to stay at Table Rock, although using Chaa Creek facilities for one day was nice, and it's only a 25 minute canoe ride up the river.
Table Rock is a gem. If you're looking for a slightly rustic but beautiful place to really get you into the Belizean rainforest, it's a great place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge is an eco-lodge in a canopied rainforest setting unlike any other in the Cayo Distict of Belize. With only 6 cabanas on our 105-acre Macal River reserve, you can enjoy the intimate rainforest setting and the sights and sounds of the Belizean jungle. Hike, swim, canoe, birdwatch, or just indulge in serious relaxation. Close to all the major Mayan archaeological sites and natural wonders of Belize, and only 5 miles outside of San Ignacio, Table Rock is the ideal location for your next adventure holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Table Rock Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Rock Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio