It is a nice property (smaller than what I hoped for, with only a few trails, not an extensive system), but with a nice location by the river. They have kayaks that you can take up the river (about ½ hr to Chaa Creek, and maybe 1 hr or so to DuPlooy’s), and tubes that you can float on down the river. Food was very good, but I am not sure that we were told beforehand that the meal plan does not include lunches. I just checked my email correspondence with them, and their FAQ on their web site…could not find a reference to that, but maybe I am wrong and I missed it.
What surprised me at check-out was that the meal plan also did not include the orange/lime juice in the morning, and the dessert and coffee at dinner time. I am sure that was never explained in advance… and while not a big deal, it felt like being nickeled and dimed.
Then, everything in the cabin was damp. The cabins do not have windows, just screens, and so you really feel in the middle of the nature, which is great, and the reason to go there. But all the blankets smell musty…. Should they be washed/dried more often? Maybe…although I understand the energy issues there. Maybe just have more blankets available, have maid service take the damp ones, dry them in the sun and bring in dry ones? I don’t know…and I wish I knew how the other lodges in the area deal with this issue.
While this is not their fault (it is the jungle after all, and it rains in the jungle), the unpleasant smell makes for a less pleasant stay :(
Other than that, everything was fine, the staff wonderful, food excellent, the excursions arranged through Table Rock were well organized, with good guides, and the overall stay, good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge is an eco-lodge in a canopied rainforest setting unlike any other in the Cayo Distict of Belize. With only 6 cabanas on our 105-acre Macal River reserve, you can enjoy the intimate rainforest setting and the sights and sounds of the Belizean jungle. Hike, swim, canoe, birdwatch, or just indulge in serious relaxation. Close to all the major Mayan archaeological sites and natural wonders of Belize, and only 5 miles outside of San Ignacio, Table Rock is the ideal location for your next adventure holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Table Rock Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Rock Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio