In June 2012, our party stayed at Cahal Pech Village Resort. Upon arrival, we had a little mix-up with our rooms, but that was quickly resolved. We stayed in the thatch-roofed cabanas that "hang"on the side of a very large hill, giving the residents of these rooms the most spectacular views of San Ignacio Town and the surrounding countryside.(We were also treated with several lightening storms...talk about fireworks!) The bar and restaurant are a great place to hang out at the resort as the staff is very friendly and the drinks are refreshing...try the Belizean Snow! The thatch-roofs were a bit hot (at least for Texans) and when the geckos ran across the dried ceiling, they knocked small bits of dried straw and dust down to the floor. Other than these two "obstacles", the cabanas were large and had wonderful screened-in porches with hammocks! This summer, we're heading back to San Ignacio and Cahal Pech, but we are going to give the regular rooms a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio