I gave this 5 stars because of our fantastic experience with the hotel tour guide, Mario. We spent the better part of two days with him (first to Xunantunich, then to Caracol). I could go on and on about him, but I'll spare you and keep it short: he is deeply knowledgeable & passionate about all things Mayan, very easy-going, and extremely friendly and engaging. He even invited my boyfriend and I over for dinner with his family! The ruins were breathtaking as they are, but Mario's expertise truly made the trip memorable. Even if you're not staying at Cahal Pech Resort, see if you can hop in one of the groups with him. ;)
The hotel rooms themselves weren't anything particularly special, but they were reasonably clean and comfortable. The views from the balcony are really the highlight--you can see the entire city of San Ignacio beneath and around you, and the foggy mornings are particularly stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio