We were fortunate enough to stay at this resort when we took a family vacation to Belize. The staff went out of their way to make sure all our needs were taken care of while we were there. They were friendly, caring, and became our extended family. The resort was gorgeous, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The food at the resort was fabulous, just watch the habenero paste. I thought it was jelly one morning and got quite a surprise when I bit into my toast! LOL.
We stayed in a Family Cabana that wasn't super luxurious by "spoiled American" standards, but we thought it was awesome! It was beautiful and had an incredible view of San Ignacio. The cabana was clean, had air conditioning, the beds were comfortable, and the screened in porch with a hammock was really nice.The staff set up all our tours with knowledgeable and fun guides, so our vacation was amazing. The people in San Ignacio were friendly and always helpful. We felt like royalty while staying here. Quite frankly, we didn't want to leave!
How anyone could possibly give this resort a negative review is beyond me. Unless, you're a snob that can't be satisfied with the simple beauty of this place and don't appreciate staff that do everything possible to make you happy. Yes, we've stayed in fancier places, but we've never enjoyed ourselves as much as we did here.
We feel privileged to have stayed at Cahal Pech Resort. The staff and resort itself spoiled us to the point that I don't think we'll ever be happy with another resort, again.
The country of Belize and it's history is awe-inspiring, but our stay here made us appreciate our experience even more. We'll be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio