My partner and I arrived by bus in San Ignacio and were happily directed to Roger Lang's Midas Tropical Resort, on the edge of the town of San Ignacio and a short three blocks walk to the town center. Without reservations, we were greeted by Celina, the gracious and thorough manager, who set us up in a lovely cabin on the manicured and quiet grounds of the resort.
Roger and family treated us with every courtesy, including arranging the use of a local swank resort's swimming pool for free, and we spent a lovely four days in this center of Belize's ancient past.
The outdoor patio, a wonderfully agreeable cook, a colorful and cheap open air market just a city block away, and the Mayan sites near San Ignacio, made this the centerpiece of our two weeks in Belize. If you need a guide, look up luisgodoynature guide.com and you will be treated to a one of a kind experience of the Mayan land, history, and culture.
If you chance to stay with Roger, tell him the Comedy Store in LA is breathlessly waiting for his arrival.
- Also Known As:
- Midas Hotel
- Midas Hotel San Ignacio
- Midas Tropical Hotel
- Midas Tropical San Ignacio
- Midas Resort Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midas is the only 7 acre resort down town that can offer a tranquility of nature at its best, birds tweeting their musical charm squirrels jumping from tree to tree, river flowing by the resort, iguanas resting on the limbs of the trees, and freshness of the condensing air rising as morning breaks daylight, and yet only a 7 minute walk into the town center where you can meet the unique people of Central America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Midas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.