The staff was super nice. The rooms are definitely clean, but not super luxurious, so don't expect that. They set us up for a Tikal visit and it went like swiss clockwork - very impressive from pickup, to border crossing, to our guide at the ruin who spoke very clear english - I mention this as in this part of Belize, being on the border with Guatemala, you will hear more Spanish being spoken.
Okay, back to the hotel. They have a good size swimming pool, a bar area, and two of the nicest guys you could ever meet who sell their handcrafted Mayan souvenirs.
I definitely recommend this hotel for this part of Belize, just keep your expectations in line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midas is the only 7 acre resort down town that can offer a tranquility of nature at its best, birds tweeting their musical charm squirrels jumping from tree to tree, river flowing by the resort, iguanas resting on the limbs of the trees, and freshness of the condensing air rising as morning breaks daylight, and yet only a 7 minute walk into the town center where you can meet the unique people of Central America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Midas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midas Hotel San Ignacio
- Midas Tropical Hotel
- Midas Tropical San Ignacio
- Midas Resort Belize/San Ignacio