I was with a large group and got a nice second floor room. Another member of our group was put in a rather rustic cabin at the back of the property and freaked out when she found a large scorpion in her room. She moved to another hotel. My experience wasn't so bad.
The staff had their favorites and even though I tipped I was always last to be served breakfast.
There is nice pool. At the time there was construction going on, so an afternoon nap was out of the question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midas is the only 7 acre resort down town that can offer a tranquility of nature at its best, birds tweeting their musical charm squirrels jumping from tree to tree, river flowing by the resort, iguanas resting on the limbs of the trees, and freshness of the condensing air rising as morning breaks daylight, and yet only a 7 minute walk into the town center where you can meet the unique people of Central America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Midas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midas Hotel San Ignacio
- Midas Tropical Hotel
- Midas Tropical San Ignacio
- Midas Resort Belize/San Ignacio