“Unique in San Ignacio” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Organic, Fast Food, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Roots Wraps & Smoothies is a healthy breakfast and lunch cafe in downtown San Ignacio serving vegetarian, vegan and raw food for the whole family. We specialize in handmade whole wheat tortilla wraps, gourmet smoothies, custom blended natural juices, vegan and gluten free desserts, snacks and the best frozen coffee in town.
San Ignacio, Belize
“Unique in San Ignacio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I live in San Ignacio and eat many of my breakfasts here. If you're in the mood for a super healthy and tasty vegetarian meal, snack or smoothie, this is it. Something really unique is their Caribbean spice coffee smoothie.

Vienna, Virginia
“Yummy Food in a Friendly Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am so happy Roots opened its doors. It is so nice to have a restaurant where I can eat everything on the menu and it is ALL delicious. The 'ham'burger wrap is probably my favorite food item but I love the Thai soup as well. The smoothies are great - my favorite is the Caribbean coffee one AND the juices are delicious as well. If you are in San Ignacio you have to stop by and try it!

Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's so good, Belize it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I were told about this wonderful vegan, vegetarian, smoothie place while shopping in the San Ignacio market for fruit, to allow us to stay on track while on vacation with our diet. It was a godsend to us! In just under 24 hours of our arrival we found a place we could call home, that speaks to our lifestyle with not only great tasting healthy food, but service from the heart. We filled up on more than just the pina colada smoothies and beefless burgers, we feasted on the wonderful energy that came from the owner and chef, Jamal. His staff are warm, friendly and efficient. We had such a great time meeting other like minded people that were introduced to us through Jamal.
Come for the food but don't be surprised if you stay for the great energy. We will be back!

Adelaide, Australia
“A little gem! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The smoothies here are to die for! If you're looking for something super healthy and super delicious this is the place. Everything is very reasonably prices and the service is excellent, the two guys who run the shop are really friendly. I've been several times this week!!

San Ignacio, Belize
“A great, healthy find in San Ignacio.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was so happy when I found this vegetarian/vegan/raw food stop. Their smoothies are just so good, I have to get one every time I pass by. My favorite is the Caribbean Coffee. Its a great feeling looking at a menu and knowing all the options are healthy and yummy too. The owner is a warm and welcoming face that is great to chat with. Definitely a place you should not miss in your time in San Ignacio!