“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: South American, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inspired Belizean cuisine utilizing ingredients from the farmer's market next door. Dine in the park while listening to great music and enjoying the cuisine of chef Jesse Mas.
California
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We loved Fuego's when we were staying in San Ignacio. Good food, atmosphere and service. The nachos were great.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Lodi, California
“Fun place to eat, we just had appetizer which was plenty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The cuisine I thought had a touch of modern and unique preparations with some ties to the traditional, the portions are large, the food was delicious, it was a clean place with contemporary decor, and the wait staff was attentive and helpful (I ordered thinking the appetizers would be small as they are the states and she advised us that we may want to start with just 3 appetizers and can order more later, which was good as couple of the appetizers were the size of a main course and three was all we needed.),

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Ignacio, Belize
“New Menu and Great Tunes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We enjoyed the nachos from the new menu and they were the best we've had in Belize. They were a little unexpected with a tiny touch of cinnamon and cayenne. Sounds weird but works great. And the home-made chips were crunchy to the end. Soggy nacho chips are a pet peeve of ours. Lots of smiles and great service from the staff was very appreciated. An extra bonus for the evening was the live music provided by local entertainer, Barefoot Skinny. Throw in a couple kiwi-mango-mint drink specials and classic margaritas and it was a really nice evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
San ignacio
“Second Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Second time I've been here this week and I love that it's so different than everything else here. I love sitting in the park and I love their playlist of music. Most items are affordable as well. I really look forward to hanging out here again. Oh. Try the mojitos.

Netherlands
“How the owner made up for it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Saw this place at fridaynight, but it was full,
Came back the next day. Place looks beautiful, different menu than most places.
More American waiterstyle, I'm not fond of that.

We shared a salad as an appetizer, but the main course almost came at the same time.
My husband's carne asado was so so, my spaghetti with meatballs and grilled vegetables was not what I expected. I didn't have the impression my vegetables were really grilled, the chomoya tasted pickled.
When being asked if everything was OK I told the waitress it was not what I expected. She offered to take it back but I said it was OK.
She must have told the owner as he immediately turned up. I told him my 'problem' and he insisted on bringing me another dish.
I told him I like vegetables and not so much meat.
I was brought a plate of pasta with really good grilled zucchini, sweet pepper, onions and tomatoes. Now this tasted great!

This was a proof of how an adequate reacting manager can save the situation.