My husband and I decided to get married in Belize and invite a few friends to celebrate with us. We wanted something small, laid back and beautiful. We picked MET and could not have been happier with our choice! The first couple of days we were there it rained and we slept like babies! Hearing the rain come down on the thatch roof and having the breeze come through our cabana made napping and sleeping a top priority and it forced us to relax and unwind.
We spent the rest of our trip riding horses, exploring caves, waterfalls and the butterfly farm. The food was great - we got so spoiled because every time we sat down in the cantina a fresh, hot meal was served to us. At night the cantina turned into a movie theater, a dance floor or a cool neighborhood bar where we laughed, listen to music and visited with our friends and new friends, the other MET guest.
MET is remote and you would think it would be extremely quiet at night but the sounds from the frogs, howler monkeys, grasshoppers & cicadas made their own jungle soundtrack. In the mornings we would wake up to the sounds of all the birds singing.
Arran, Alison & Marquerite were amazing host. They are fun, friendly and made us feel like part of their family. We will be back to MET for sure!
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Equestrian Trails Hotel San Ignacio
- Mountain Equestrian Trails Hotel
- Mountain Equestrian Trails Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ecotel-certified Belize Ecotourism Jungle Lodge offering adventure vacations: horseback riding tours, hiking, bird watching, butterfly gardens, waterfalls, river caves & vehicle tours to Mayan ruins. Cabanas are made of stucco with thatched roofs, with private baths, hot water and intimate kerosene lighting. The Cantina is a restaurant and bar where you'll enjoy open-air, home-style dining and bird watching from your table. MET is one of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz. ... more less