We thoroughly enjoyed DuPlooy's. We loved being so close to nature. The morning visits of birds, and evening visits of kinkajous to the outdoor bar were appreciated by all. We spent a good deal of time walking the grounds, and went on a lovely horseback ride.
The food was great, and the staff was excellent.
Most of the rooms have a screened porch, a good place to kick back after a hike or tour. It is not far from Xunantunich ruins & Cahal Pech, and several other attractions. It is a little far from any restaurants or stores so you will definitely want the meal plan. We had a vehicle, so we did not take any of the resort's tours.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.