After first staying at DuPloys about 20 years ago my family was able to return again in Dec. of 2013. It was even better than I remember. We stayed on the "create your own package" and loved every bit of it: the food, accommodations, birds, tours, gardens, activities, etc. However probably the best part was Fermin and the staff and how well they treated us. It was the most friendly and attentive service I have ever experienced. Regardless if it was a table server, a guide on a canoe trip, or people in the gardens, they all knew their stuff and how to treat visitors. I hope we don't have to wait another 20 years to get back!
Jim & Jan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio