Whether you opt to explore the expansive grounds on foot, swim in the river or head off by canoe, horse or motor vehicle, there is so much to see and do around duPlooy's. Considering that for any guests, it's a journey to get here, plan on spending at least a full day on-site, because once you are there, you're here! Birds and other wildlife abound at your doorstep. I was here (for the third time in 4 years) with my husband only, but we noted how well set up duPlooy's is for groups, including multi-generational. It's easy to organize active adventures or hang around for a laid back day. Whether you hike or hammock-test, you can enjoy mind-blowing encounters of the natural kind. We were delighted to go exploring and birding again with resident guide, Mr. Philip; his spotting skills and good humor made for great days in the field. The bird feeder at the bar was super-active during our visit, with a variety of visitors from the ever-popular collared aracari,to plain chachalacas, brown jays, clay-colored thrush, red-throated ant tanagers, yellow-throated euphonia and, my favorite, the blue-crowned motmot, among others. With these spectacles right in the open, you can hardly leave the deck, but more awaits beyond, from a grey fox watching over you as you leave the gate to a majestic black hawk eagle circling the open sky. I am always shocked when I see a review suggesting that you can "see it all" in a day; after 3 visits of 4 or more nights each, we still see new things and know there are unexhausted possibilities. Besides, can you really get tired of being surrounded by orchids and toucans, exploring Mayan ruins, and waking up to the sound of parrots and chachalacas? If you think that sounds boring, you're a bad match for duPlooys, but if you want a place where you will be comfortably accommodated to boot, check in here. We do enjoy other lodgings in Belize in other districts, but returning to Cayo means staying at duPlooy' - our natural choice.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.