We stayed at duplooys quite a while back and enjoyed it... the property is lush, gorgeous! The food was excellent and the optional tours during the day were good. We opted to go to Tikal in Guatemala overnight and it was the highlight of our trip! Like another traveler, we were disappointed by the little interaction the owner family had with us and we would have loved to discuss how they came to end up in Belize. Also, at the time we booked, it was not clear on the website that the price was per person and we ended up having to pay twice over. After our complaint, they changed the website to clearly state per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio