This hotel is a great base for Jungle Area adventures and is the best hotel in San Ignacio but it is still at best a three star hotel. Rooms have been updated with new bathroom fixtures and comfortable beds but the dingy original flooring and furnishings make the room seem dated. There is no coffee maker or bar refrigerator but one can be brought in on request.
The front desk staff are very friendly and efficient as are the housekeeping staff. Breakfast was hit and miss for the most part with a particularly poor buffet breakfast on our final day.
We booked one tour through the hotel and highly recommend the resident guide. He is very professional and passionate about Mayan history and culture.
Over all I would still recommend this hotel in San Ignacio for its location and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. This year, the Resort was awarded with the title "Hotel of the Year" by the Belize Tourism Board;this title recognizes the top tourism establishments in the country.The Resort is located within a 17 acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, perched on hillside along the Macal River Valley and just a short walk from downtown San Ignacio, provide the deluxe 24 room resort its unique feature of providing luxury at "The Only Jungle in Town". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize