The hotel is really nice, so are the people that work there...beds are so comfortable... rooms are nice and clean, spacious and the balcony is wonderful to swing in the hammock or sit in the comfortable chairs and look out on the nicely landscaped palm trees, shrubs and flowers, which attracted a lot of colorful birds, kara-kari (small toucan like) and the large toucan, and hummingbirds, and many others...very nice to sit out there with your morning cup o coffee.
In our room though, they should put another mirror behind the table, there is just blank wall space. And this way when 1 person is in the bathroom, someone else can put their make-up on, comb their hair, or see how you look. That is my only complaint about the rooms. My daughter and myself would have liked to hear more Belizean type of music instead of a local american radio station....play more "happy" caribbean type music..........
As nice as the hotel is, food is very good, servers, front-desk people, everyone is wonderful, friendly, helpful, courteous. BUT!!! i do think they should have a regular supply of water available to drink whenever you want, because the tap water in your room is not purified and not recommended to drink, therefore no coffee-maker in your room either....the water they serve you at your meals is purified, and good, but if you want any extra water bottles in your room, any coffee you drink.....$ $ $.....And it's hot and humid, you need and want water........
I think this should not even be an issue, i think it should be expected!!!! And again as nice as the hotel is, and the people, if you don't have plans to go and do something for the day, it is boring as hell, just sitting by the pool, laying in your room... there is a tennis court......but nothing else....no other distractions, like a ping-pong table, checkers table to sit and play, we read, but don't wanna do that all day... we walked to downtown San Ignacio....That was nice, but only 2 nice Belizean handmade, local arts and crafts, t-shirt, coffee etc... gift shops that we could find, variety of small restaurants, which we had breakfast at a SRI LANKAN place, nice...pretty good little restaurant, (coffee was free and delicious!!!!) we browsed and shopped and ate, then its a nice steep incline back to the top of the hill where the hotel is....it was fine, but i sure needed to take a few breather breaks...
I can say it was real nice, but you need to make plans for everyday, or even part of the day, because it gets really boring, just lazing around the hotel all day....personally i would stay at a all-inclusive place next time...more to do, can drink coffee, or juice, and some other refreshments, and eat when you want, and have way more to do....But this was ok, and loved the stuff we did and saw while in San Ignacio...I know you really should not compare vacations...But i am still raving about our previous trip to Costa Rica, and would do that again in a heartbeat.........But.....this was nice...we wanted to see Mayan Ruins, and we saw plenty...and were amazed and in awe of these ancient cities...Plan on doing the fun stuff too with Chukka tours at Jaguar Paw...that was an adventure.....I did very much enjoy Belize..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. This year, the Resort was awarded with the title "Hotel of the Year" by the Belize Tourism Board;this title recognizes the top tourism establishments in the country.The Resort is located within a 17 acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, perched on hillside along the Macal River Valley and just a short walk from downtown San Ignacio, provide the deluxe 24 room resort its unique feature of providing luxury at "The Only Jungle in Town". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize