Windy Hill Resort is very well located to make several excursions in the region : several Maya sites are nearby, and even Tikal (Guatemala) can be visited from San Ignacio. In addition river rafting and cave visits are possible, last but not least some nearby Menonite communities are very much worth a visit.
The cottages of Windy Hill are well located, the deluxe ones are with nice vieuws and well equipped (although coffeemaker is missing). The welcome was excellent and friendly, as was the overall service for the rooms and in the restaurant. The restaurant is located in a nice half-open traditional building, the menu was good. Prices of of accomodation and food are a bit high but that is characteristic for many tourist places in Belize : a bit overpriced.
The infinitypool and poolside is excellent and offers a nice view and relaxing poolside atmosphere; the fitness area is an asset but some of the equipment was outdated or in need of repair.
All in all a place that deserves to be well recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Hotel
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.