My boyfriend and I stayed at Windy Hills as part of a surf n turf package while visiting Belize for a week in Mid Feburary. Although initally wary on arriving in Belize City, we were first pleasantly surprised and then completely had our socks knocked off by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff at Windy Hills. We were promply picked up in Belize City, and the trip back to windy hills included 2 stops to local sights with an unbelivable tour guide (one of many that we would meet). Upon arrival to Windy hills, we were expecting little cottages side by side, BUT were thrilled to find cottages dotting the property with plenty of palms trees and flowers and beautiful fabulously maintained garden paths in between, providing tons of privacy and quiet if wanted.
the cottages were lovely and rustic with mahogany furniture and lots of space for suitcases etc. the bathroom was well maintained, every day the cottages would be cleaned. the hot water was low flow but it didnt really matter since the temperature there was around 25C and the last thing that we wanted was a scalding hot shower.
There was a fitness facility on site, easy internet access in the main office, a mini gift shop with quite honestly the best prices we found in our entire stay in belize, and the dining room and staff were OUTSTANDING. they asked our names on the first night we were there and never failed to take that extra time to talk to us, and laugh and the days events. the food was excellent, the portions HUGE! the mayan and belizian breakfasts were something to look forward to every morning. most of the days at windy hills were spent off the grounds since there are a number of excellent tours that the resort sets up...we went to caracol, tikal and xunantunich in 3 days. would have loved to stay and see the town of san ignacio and we definitely were sad when we had to leave this beautiful set up.
- Also Known As:
- Windy Hill Hotel San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Hotel
- Windy Hill San Ignacio
- Windy Hill Resort Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jungle Rivers, Maya Temples, Gentle Mountain Breezes...Service Extraordinaire! Located in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, the most diverse and beautiful area of Belize, Windy Hill Resort & Tour Company provides all the modern conveniences in a lush tropical setting and just minutes away from the archaeological sites and other popular attractions in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Windy Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.