They have a very nice premises with good cabanas and facilities. Apparently the trail and river were rained out a bit because it was rainy season, but we didn't have much time to check it out anyway. We did get a cockroach in our room which was unfortunate. Bigger issue would be the distance to town; it's not walkable, but there are busses that run (not very often, and not very late though). The hotel workers may offer you a ride if they're going in to town though (and people in the village a pretty nice for hitchhikers).
The food deserves a separate note: it was amazing! Home cooked by his mom, it was one of the best meals of our vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Paradise Hotel San Ignacio
- Crystal Paradise Hotel
- Crystal Paradise Resort Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Belize jungle lodge is located in the lush jungles and along side the beautiful Macal River. Owned and operated by the Tut family, using the ancient art of palm-thatched roofs that blend with the natural beauty of Belize. Combine this exotic atmosphere with genuine Belizean family hospitality and the result is a rare encounter between culture and adventure. . We provide our guests with the opportunity to explore the country's many wonders while staying in comfort that reflects Belizean culture. Your base for all your adventures in Belize whether it be caving, birding, visits to archeological sites such as Caracol, Tikal Xunanunich and many other Belize Maya ruins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Crystal Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.