Service was very friendly and efficient. I very much enjoyed my stay. Jeruni helped us with an agenda and tour scheduling. Tours were excellent and as described on the resort website, including the helpful hints for what to wear and bring that day. Patrick was excellent for the ATM cave for his enthusiasm and knowledge. Eric was great for our cave tubing, kindly pointed out birds as that was a special interest of mine, and led us through the Belize zoo quickly before dropping us at our pier, he shared many items of interest and culture with us. Alba was our guide for Caracol and shared Mayan stories and local culture. This is like a bed and breakfast due to being in a smaller hotel with family contact and fantastic Belizean home cooking in huge portions (homemade everything including tortillas and pastry/dessert). I hope all the staff knows how great they are and how appreciated. It is a quiet and beautiful resort with open air dining in a large covered patio. I liked that there was room to sit separately in our groups rather than with other travellers allowing everyone to make that choice. I liked the room and patio with hammock and chairs for enjoying birds, plants,animals, and relaxing. It was a duplex cottage (shared wall) but we had no neighbor. I was there 4 nights and did not want to leave. The grounds are within the jungle and there are walks to do to the bird platform, medicinal trees, and down to the river. I highly recommend this resort and hope to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Belize jungle lodge is located in the lush jungles and along side the beautiful Macal River. Owned and operated by the Tut family, using the ancient art of palm-thatched roofs that blend with the natural beauty of Belize. Combine this exotic atmosphere with genuine Belizean family hospitality and the result is a rare encounter between culture and adventure. . We provide our guests with the opportunity to explore the country's many wonders while staying in comfort that reflects Belizean culture. Your base for all your adventures in Belize whether it be caving, birding, visits to archeological sites such as Caracol, Tikal Xunanunich and many other Belize Maya ruins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Paradise Hotel San Ignacio
- Crystal Paradise Resort Belize/San Ignacio