We were a party of 8, not all into physical challenges, and traveling to Belize for the first time. We wanted a base to travel to the Mayan ruins in Belize for the first part of our vacation followed by time at the seashore for the second. Our travel agent selected Crystal Paradise resort. It was the perfect place for our group.
The time we spent at Crystal Paradise was busy and exciting.
Many of us did things here that we had never done before, from cave tubing, to swimming under a waterfall, to bird watching for toucans. And we were able to visit two spectacular Mayan sites.
The hospitality and friendliness of the Tut family was tremendous.
Eric sort of adopted us and was our guide on most of our trips and transfers. His knowledge of the region, history , and wildlife as well as his great sense of humor made the time we spent with him both fun and educational. His patience and personality enabled some people in our party to perform activities that they never would have without his help. Also, arrange a morning birdwatching walk around the grounds with Eric. He is amazing at spotting and identifying the many birds inhabiting this valley.
The trip to Tikal was a highlight. It is an amazing place. The arrangements made by Crystal Paradise for that trip were excellent. ( But, Guatemala roads are unbelievable. Also, since some of our group were reluctant to walk the whole site, it would be good if the available option to ride to the various sites is made more apparent.)
Xunantunich was a pleasant surprise and a very interesting site.
We substituted the cave tubing trip for the canoeing on Eric's recommendation, and it was a highlight of the trip.
The accommodations at Crystal Paradise were very comfortable and always clean. The family style eating area and honor bar promoted easy conversations and information exchanges with other guests and the food was comfortable (in the best sense) and more than plentiful. Jeronie and the rest of the family were welcoming and helpful with any and all requests we made.
I would, and already have recommended Crystal Paradise to anyone interested in traveling to Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful Belize jungle lodge is located in the lush jungles and along side the beautiful Macal River. Owned and operated by the Tut family, using the ancient art of palm-thatched roofs that blend with the natural beauty of Belize. Combine this exotic atmosphere with genuine Belizean family hospitality and the result is a rare encounter between culture and adventure. . We provide our guests with the opportunity to explore the country's many wonders while staying in comfort that reflects Belizean culture. Your base for all your adventures in Belize whether it be caving, birding, visits to archeological sites such as Caracol, Tikal Xunanunich and many other Belize Maya ruins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crystal Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Paradise Hotel San Ignacio
- Crystal Paradise Resort Belize/San Ignacio