“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarissa Falls Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Clarissa Falls Resort
You added Clarissa Falls Resort to your Saves list
George Price Highway | Mile 70, San Ignacio, Belize   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in San Ignacio
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed at Clarissa Falls for 4 nights (March 2012) after reading reviews from Tripadvisor and loved it. Chena and Mark really did treat us like family, the food was great, the surroundings were gorgeous and you can't beat the price for what you get. Whether you are looking for a place to just relax and enjoy hammock time...or somewhere to stay as a home base for adventure tours (they can help you book the tours)...or you are looking for beautiful scenery with a river to cool off in at any time...Clarissa Falls is all of the above and more. We had a great time and will without a doubt be visiting Clarissa Falls resort again on any future trips to Belize.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here as part of a college course. It was a phenomenal place. The staff are extremely accomodating and friendly. The thatched roof huts really add to the experience. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had no bugs at all! If I had to describe my time here in a few words, I would say it was spiritually uplifting in the best way possible. A huge thank you to Chena and Mark.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed at Clarissa Falls for five days in March 2012 and our stay there was incredible. The thatch huts were a great and unique lodging option. We are foodies and I was concerned with the menu at first. Although the menu has a somewhat limited selection, we didn't tire of it after five days. The pork tacos are, for lack of a better word, perfect. And the french toast is fantastic. Chena (the owner/operator) could not have been a better host. She coordinated all of our activities for us, which included a guided horseback ride to Xunantunich, the ATM cave, a visit to Tikal in Guatemala, and a private tour of her nature reserve. The guides she selected were EXCELLENT and I felt very fortunate that she took the time to personally guide us through her private wildlife reserve (which was such a great experience). After we left Clarissa Falls, we spent one night in San Ignacio. Our stay in San Ignacio was very loud becaus it's so crowded and the construction isn't American standars. In retrospect, i'd spend our last night at Clarissa Falls and skip San Ignacio entirely. Thanks to Chena and Mark we will return to CF.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I love Clarissa Falls! It is one of my favorite places to stay in Belize. Chena and Mark are like family to me. The resort is rustic but very comfortable and the food is the best in Belize! "You Better Belize It" that I will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Clarissa Falls one night last month. Our travel plans had changed so we emailed them on a days notice. No problems. Our cabana was on the bank of the river, clean and very large. I liked that we could hear the water over the falls as we fell asleep. We slept very well to the soothing sound.
The food is the best reason to come. It is all made right in their large kitchen by the family. Even the hot sauce is their own creation. Everything is made to order and you can make any sort of request. My wife has food allergies, and it did not trouble them at all. Clarissa Falls is the kind of small, family-owned resort where you feel at home vs. like an anonymous customer.

Room Tip: I like the cabanas along the river for the sound from the falls. The cabanas to the east get morning...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hannover, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

20 years ago my husband visited several times Belize and Clarissa Falls Resort. Since I know him, he always told me about funny stories happened at Clarissa Falls and how he liked it to stay there. This year we decided to visit Belize and - of course Clarissa Falls. What to say about?! Little things changed, the cows could not eat up the thatched roof anymore, a few more huts with private bathroom, the trees and the garden now are grown up, Chena has little more wrinkles and some few grey hairs. But the feeling is still the same!

Not one of theese high end resorts but the huts are well maintained, clean, spacy and mosquito free (nearly, if you take care when entering ...). The food is regional "ranch-kitchen", well cooked and tasty. And still Chena and Mark help to organize everything what they can manage. During our stay we went for two days to Tikal and we could store our big luggage, Chena drove us to the frontier and organized a massage for my husband after the Tikal trip.

If someone is interested in horseback riding: Well trained and groomed horses and a wonderful landscape for riding. As my "tourguide" Carrie told me, the horses have two moods: One mood "boring" for those who cannot ride and the second one "fun" (yeah!!) for those who can. And yes, it was a great pleasure for me to ride!

Thanks again dear Chena & Mark for the wonderful days we had at Clarissa Falls Resort and we think, that it will not last again 20 years to come back. I'm fully infected with the awful Belize-virus ... ;o)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Looking for a trip to Belize away from the tourists and hype. Get to know the real Belize from the inside. The Resort is family owned and you are treated like family and treasured guests. The food is always home made and delicious, there is cold beer, water and soda's always available. The animals on the reserve are friendly and also make you feel right at home. There is an amazing peaceful and spiritual air about this very special place. Minutes from ruins, right next to the river for tubing, rafting etc. Stars at night that go from horizon to horizon! If you love nature and beauty you will not be dissappointed!

Thank you Chena, Mark, Linda, Gwen, Grandma, Sandra and everyone else at Clarissa Falls that made my first ( and certainly not last ) trip to Belize so memorable!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clarissa Falls Resort? Share your experiences!