Stayed for nearly a week in Nov/Dec 2013 and really liked the eco-friendly accommodations, family-style meals, delicious cuisine, beautiful scenery and warm personable staff. The road from the highway, however, was in atrocious condition. Like riding a bucking bronco. Six long miles of deeply rutted, relentlessly bumpy rocky road made bearable only by the pretty scenery. Our itinerary was packed with excursions, so we ended up traversing this road twice daily at 40 minutes a pop. As a result, it felt like every car trip took twice as long as it should've taken. I'm guessing this road discourages repeat customers, and that's too bad because it's a really nice place - once you get there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Black Rock Lodge's stunning rainforest location offers unmatched opportunity for adventure. Whether canoeing the Macal River, horseback riding to Flourcamp Cave, or touring nearby Tikal & Caracol, guests are inspired by the diversity of the local wildlife, including over 320 bird species sighted on the property. Our commitment to environmental stewardship is evident in every aspect of your stay and our knowledgeable and friendly staff go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Black Rock Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Rock Hotel San Ignacio
- Black Rock Lodge Belize/San Ignacio