My husband & I spent 4 nights here in May. The rooms & the property are beautiful, clean and modern, not rustic. I had thought that no locks on the door would bother me but with a safe in the room it wasn't a problem. You will probably take most of your meals here since it is out of town quite a way but the food is delicious and quite reasonable. We took a tour to Caracol with them and it was also very good, with a delicious lunch provided.
The "bad timing" comes in because of the time of year we visited. Apparently in May all the farmers in Belize burn off their fields in preparation for the new crops. As a result, it is
very smoky everywhere we went, including Placencia and all places in between there and San Ignacio. Because there is no air conditioning at Chaa Creek, the smoke also invades your living quarters so if you have breathing problems I would advise visiting another time of year. Also, it was a very hot & humid time when we were there so perhaps the smoke was worse than usual.
The pool is perfection, especially after a hot day touring. They really pamper their guests and it is a lovely place. I would definitely return, just not in May!
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel San Ignacio
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Hotel At Chaa Creek
- At Chaa Creek Hotel
- Chaa Creek
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 30 years Chaa Creek has been providing a comfortable base for exciting inland adventures for thousands of visitors, from explorers, scientists, filmmakers, research groups, students and people of all ages looking for intellectual and physical stimulation in Belize's vibrant rainforest - the heartland of the Maya. We also realise that any rewarding adventure is enhanced by comfortable accommodations and excellent food. Our 23 palm thatched cottage rooms ensure a good night's sleep and delightful mornings accompanied by the sing song of a rainforest waking up, and guests can choose a Complete Garden Suite, an Orchard and Spa Villa, Macal Cottage or Tree Top Suite, all equipped with a Jacuzzi for even extra comfort. As one example, under our Chaa Creek Cares program, 10% of all accommodation revenue goes straight into environmental and social programs, and in supporting Green and community groups. We sleep better, and you will too, knowing that your stay at Chaa Creek has a positive effect on Belize and our very special pristine natural environment. Families share some of life's most cherished moments - and memories - during a Belize family vacation. And to guarantee a family vacation that everyone will enjoy, multi award winning Chaa Creek is the only Belize destination you'll need. Our affordable, all inclusive family friendly adventure holidays are absolutely stress free and bring everyone closer together through sharing a variety of amazing adventures along with quiet moments to reconnect - all in a stunning rainforest setting. Nature and romance bloom year round in the stunning beauty of Belize. Our all-inclusive romantic vacation packages allow lovers of all ages to immerse themselves in nature and each other. An exquisite rainforest filled with colourful tropical birds, canoe trips down the meandering Macal river with the misty Maya mountains in the background, unwinding together in your private Jacuzzi surrounded by a tropical garden, couples massages, candlelit dinners and sharing once-in-a-lifetime experiences create the perfect conditions for love to flower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Lodge at Chaa Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.