“Hanna Stables is definitely worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Activities in San Ignacio
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hanna Stables offers horseback riding, adventure tourism and eco-farm stay for travelers of all ages and abilities in the San Ignacio, Belize area. One of the country's oldest horseback riding establishments, Hanna Stables is currently operated by Santiago Juan.Located not far from Hanna Stables is Nabitunich (The Stone Cottages), a 400 acre spread of land which has been in the Juan family for four generations. Nabitunich has 20 rooms available for accommodations for travelers in Belize and is open to eco-farm stays as well.
London, United Kingdom
“Hanna Stables is definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've done horse riding before in New Zealand but Hanna Stables was much better! The horses were really well looked after, relaxed and I felt really safe on my horse, Joanna.

We rode through tall grass, large fields and a gushing rive and visited excavated ruins. It's three hours in total and really good value for money.

Santiago was lovely and his colleague Nelson was extremely helpful, especially when climbing steep forest slopes near the ruins where I was saved from tumbling to the bottom!

I'd love to go back and do it again.

Visited November 2012
spratt504, Public Relations Manager at Hanna Stables, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We appreciate the awesome review! Hope to see you back at the stables soon.

Daly City, California
“Ride to the ruins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nelson was an excellent trail guide and pointed out animals and things of interest during our ride. My group enjoyed a peaceful, scenic ride to Xunantunich, had plenty of time to explore the ruins, and then relaxed on the leisurely ride back to the stables. The horses were well trained and cared for and the guides ensure a safe and fun ride even for novice riders. I highly recommend this activity.

Visited November 2012
spratt504, Public Relations Manager at Hanna Stables, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Lori! Glad you had a good time with Nelson and the horses. Come back again soon!
Lumby, Canada
“Just Because We're Canadian...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Doesn't mean we know how to ride a horse! Our first experiences riding horses with our guides Santiago and Nelson was nothing short of amazing. Winding through grasslands and forests, passing between small groups of curious calfs and foals, feeling the horse beneath you begin to float while crossing a river, climbing to the top of a Myan ruin...really, what else can I say?

Visited November 2012
Haha, love your review, Mel! It's almost poetic in some parts. In all seriousness, thank you for your visit, and we hope to see you again soon.
Saratoga, Wyoming
5 attraction reviews
“Horse back ride to Xunantunich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family of 5 took a horseback ride through the jungle to the ancient ruins of Xunantunich in November 2012. Santiago is the owner of the stables and does a fantastic job making sure everyone is comfortable. He planned a guide for the ruins when we got there and the guides took us to a local restaurant for lunch on the way back. I planned the ride via e-mail before we left and everything was exactly as promised. The ride was so much better than expected and really great value. If you like adventure and unique experiences this one's a 5 star!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your positive review, Pete! We are pleased you had a 5 star experience and everything was up to your expectations. Come see us again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous ride with Santiago to Xunantunich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I took a half day ride with Santiago to Xunantunich and had a wonderful time! When I contacted Santiago in advance via email, he was quick to respond and answer all my questions. He assured me that he would tailor the experience to our liking and riding level. Also, the price was only $35 per person, which is a much better price than what you get through the tour companies.
On the day of our ride, Santiago picked us up from our hotel right on time and took us to the stable. The horses he matched us with were gentle, well-trained and groomed. The ride to Xunantunich was beautiful and scenic. Santiago was great company and we enjoyed chatting with him during our ride. I'm not a very experienced rider, so he always took care to make sure I didn't fall to far behind, or feel uncomfortable on my horse.
At Xunantunich we were introduced to a guide for a tour of the site (whose name I can't recall, but seemed to work directly with Santiago). He was great too! He was knowledgeable, and quick to point out all the best photo ops. On our ride back, Santiago took us a different route so we could enjoy the view along the Mopan river. We had a fabulous time, and highly recommend visiting Hanna Stables while vacationing in Belize!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for the kind words, and the photos! We are very glad you had a wonderful experience to Xunantunich, and on top of that had a great ride along the Mopan river. See you again soon, we hope!