“Just Because We're Canadian...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 activities in San Ignacio
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hanna Stables offers horseback riding, adventure tourism and eco-farm stay for travelers of all ages and abilities in the San Ignacio, Belize area. One of the country's oldest horseback riding establishments, Hanna Stables is currently operated by Santiago Juan.Located not far from Hanna Stables is Nabitunich (The Stone Cottages), a 400 acre spread of land which has been in the Juan family for four generations. Nabitunich has 20 rooms available for accommodations for travelers in Belize and is open to eco-farm stays as well.
Lumby, Canada
“Just Because We're Canadian...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Doesn't mean we know how to ride a horse! Our first experiences riding horses with our guides Santiago and Nelson was nothing short of amazing. Winding through grasslands and forests, passing between small groups of curious calfs and foals, feeling the horse beneath you begin to float while crossing a river, climbing to the top of a Myan ruin...really, what else can I say?

Visited November 2012
spratt504, Public Relations Manager at Hanna Stables, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Haha, love your review, Mel! It's almost poetic in some parts. In all seriousness, thank you for your visit, and we hope to see you again soon.

Saratoga, Wyoming
5 attraction reviews
“Horse back ride to Xunantunich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family of 5 took a horseback ride through the jungle to the ancient ruins of Xunantunich in November 2012. Santiago is the owner of the stables and does a fantastic job making sure everyone is comfortable. He planned a guide for the ruins when we got there and the guides took us to a local restaurant for lunch on the way back. I planned the ride via e-mail before we left and everything was exactly as promised. The ride was so much better than expected and really great value. If you like adventure and unique experiences this one's a 5 star!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your positive review, Pete! We are pleased you had a 5 star experience and everything was up to your expectations. Come see us again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous ride with Santiago to Xunantunich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I took a half day ride with Santiago to Xunantunich and had a wonderful time! When I contacted Santiago in advance via email, he was quick to respond and answer all my questions. He assured me that he would tailor the experience to our liking and riding level. Also, the price was only $35 per person, which is a much better price than what you get through the tour companies.
On the day of our ride, Santiago picked us up from our hotel right on time and took us to the stable. The horses he matched us with were gentle, well-trained and groomed. The ride to Xunantunich was beautiful and scenic. Santiago was great company and we enjoyed chatting with him during our ride. I'm not a very experienced rider, so he always took care to make sure I didn't fall to far behind, or feel uncomfortable on my horse.
At Xunantunich we were introduced to a guide for a tour of the site (whose name I can't recall, but seemed to work directly with Santiago). He was great too! He was knowledgeable, and quick to point out all the best photo ops. On our ride back, Santiago took us a different route so we could enjoy the view along the Mopan river. We had a fabulous time, and highly recommend visiting Hanna Stables while vacationing in Belize!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for the kind words, and the photos! We are very glad you had a wonderful experience to Xunantunich, and on top of that had a great ride along the Mopan river. See you again soon, we hope!
Encinitas, California
“Fun family ride with Santiago at Hanna Stables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a couple hours to kill the evening before we left Belize. We dropped in at Hanna Stables and lucked out! We woke up our 3 sleeping kids (ages 3, 5 and 9) and ended up having the most wonderful ride with Santiago and the "cowboy" (what my 3 year old dubbed our other guide). They made sure that the kids were safe and felt secure. The ride was beautiful! We travelled around the property for a couple hours and everywhere we looked we kept saying "it's so gorgeous!" Santiago was so interesting to talk with! The kids tell everyone about the amazing horseback riding we did. Thanks Santiago, you made our last evening a real treat!

Hope to see you in Tahoe next July!

Visited October 2012
Thank you for bringing your family for a ride at Hanna Stables--we are definitely a family-friendly attraction and are happy that everyone had such an amazing time. Stay in touch, and hope to see you soon!
Danville, California
“Happy Trails with Santiago at Hanna Stables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We are an extended family of nine that travelled to Belize in October of 2012. I spent a lot of time on Tripadvisor planning the best trip possible for our group that ranges in age from 9 to 70. Since Hanna Stables was so highly rated I thought a horseback ride to Xunantunich would be fun for all. I contacted Hanna Stables and quickly heard back from Santiago with confirmation that he could accomodate our large group with varying levels of riding experience. We were thrilled!

Just prior to leaving for our trip my brother-in-law had back surgery and my mother broke her finger, so both could not ride and were disappointed to miss the trip. But much to our delight when I notified Santiago he made special arrangements to have a driver take them to Xunantunich and join us on the tour! WOW - what service!

This seems to be the motto at Hanna Stables as Santiago and his team went above and beyond to make sure that were we all well taken care of from the safety of the kids and seniors on the horseback ride to the transfers to and from our lodge with requested stops in between! Santiago provided us with with an amazing day to remember and a lasting memory of the wonderful hospitality of people of Belize - Somehow five stars seems to little... I wiish I could give him 6 Stars for "AMAZING"!

Visited October 2012