“Incredible day riding with Santiago!” 5 of 5 stars

+501 661-1536
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanna Stables offers horseback riding, adventure tourism and eco-farm stay for travelers of all ages and abilities in the San Ignacio, Belize area. One of the country's oldest horseback riding establishments, Hanna Stables is currently operated by Santiago Juan.Located not far from Hanna Stables is Nabitunich (The Stone Cottages), a 400 acre spread of land which has been in the Juan family for four generations. Nabitunich has 20 rooms available for accommodations for travelers in Belize and is open to eco-farm stays as well.
California, United States
“Incredible day riding with Santiago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Riding at Hanna Stables is a must while visiting Belize. I did a half day ride and it was truly amazing. The horses are well taken care of and the scenery is gorgeous! Santiago is a great guide and has a true passion and love for horses.

Portland, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Highlight of my Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was deffently the highlight of my vacation! I own horses of my own and was missing them. After picking us up at Max's Santiago discovered that we were experienced horse people & switched out the mounts to better fit us. Santiago is a very knowledgable guide and the trip to Xunantunich was an experience of a lifetime! The Arabian horses were so well maintained & well behaved you would never have guessed Santiago's mount was a stallion. The tour was amazing to be able to see Guatamela & Belize from the top. Santiago's farm is beautiful sitting along the river. If you are headed to San Ignacio this is a must do...Lunch at Benny's how could you go wrong the food is fantastic. Thank you I shall never forget the advice & friendship.
Only regret I wasn't able to spend more time.

Visited September 2012
Upland, California
“Horses, Glorious Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Dont EVER, EVER go to San Ignacio and ride anyplace else but with Santiago at Hannas Stables, in fact Hannas Stables should be high on your list. Santiago takes care of his horses in a humane way, he has a horse for everyone, if you're a novice, if you're an experienced rider, and he has ideas for your riding pleasure. Your only regret will be that ou didnt have more time to ride. We have gone as a couple, with friends, with our married children. Yes, Ive gone several times.

Visited May 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Horses, Nature, and History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I were vacationing in Belize and we decided we wanted to go horse back riding. This place was everything we hoped for and more. The horses were so well trained and beautiful, our tour guide was an expert, and the scenery was breathtaking. We rode the horse along a huge farm decorated with mountains and exotic plants. We made our way all the way up to Xunantunich, the beautiful Mayan ruins. I would recommend Santiago Juan and Hanna Stables to anyone who's in search of adventure!

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ride around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I literally rode around the farm on a horse with Terry. She did a great job. It was just her and I which made for great conversation. We talked the entire time and I still felt like we had so much more to talk about. The horses were great and Terry went at my speed which is a slow walk. She even allowed me some say in where we went. I liked riding by the river as it was much cooler. I appreciate the individualized attention i got there.

Visited September 2012